Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who went to Brighton / Notts county

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
I went to the game we played in that delightful red and white kit. Went to Bristol city game 2004 too. Incidentally I found both program's in the loft while do some tidying up yesterday.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
It was my first albion game. Don't remember a lot about the day but I do remember the massive traffic jam running virtually from Brighton all the way to London. It was before the dual carriageway was built.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember being very pissed and 'always look on the bright side of life' going through the end of the game, the walk out, into an Indian Restaurant near the ground and all the way back on the minibus. Also took the wife.

Next game she came to .... Millwall this season - she was obviously impressed !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes remember it still and it was never a corner that led to countys first.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Googlin Tommy Johnson and Colin. Our fans outnumbered them two to one, vast swathes of empty seats in the County end. Too much to drink, remember "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" too WZ, top reminiscing!

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
It was a great day out shame about result. I remember shouting out loud that it was NOT A CORNER! which led to their goal.
My only regret was leaving early and I missed our goal but heard the roar from the carpark. So I have never seen the Albion score at wembley now as I only went to the 2nd leg of the 83 final. If we get there this year I'm on that plane and hopefully this time I will see us score!

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Me and my pals went to old Wembley , I remember racing back from a lads weekend in Bournmouth to get back to the Goldstone to get our tickets, also had a freebee in the southstand for the Millwall (my one and only ever freebee) game what great days. But that kit! Only Dean Wilkins seem unphased that day.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Loved the trip up, loads of good humoured BHA fans on the underground, messing around and but not really annoying anyone, all down hill from there.

Bizarre we got so far that season with a midfield bereft of a single tackler. We bought in the experienced Pates at the back end of the season and he really shored up the defence. The rampant Small aided by the crafty Byrne always carried a threat, but sadly the final was a step too far.

We are certainly better equipped this time, bit then so were Millwall in 91 all the good it did them.

don't remember much of the match, had a bit of a skinfull before hand outside The Globe, got bitten by a police dog as a few got over excited so made my way to the offie around the corner only to see that Forest lowlife (Scurrock?) getiing slung out/having a fight with a copper. That summer my Albion shirt got me some uinwanted attention from some proper nasty 'wall fans while I was enjoying a bit of sun in Valletta. funny ol year

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was there as a 8 year old crying my eyes out at the end.

It had been my first full season following the Albion and going to most of the games with my old man. I just assumed we were going to win and couldnt understand it when we didnt. Great day before that though.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Bad day generally on the pitch, but abiding memory for me was the cramped seating in the upper tier behind the goal that I hadn't experienced at Wembley before that.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I have blotted out my memories of the final but still look back at the home and away millwall games as among my favourite moments supporting the Albion. Apart from our coach being stoned in south London that is!

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Absolutely wasted that day and very few memories apart from "let's all have a disco" when the old bill were trying to remove a few of our lively characters.

I have blotted out my memories of the final but still look back at the home and away millwall games as among my favourite moments supporting the Albion. Apart from our coach being stoned in south London that is!

the walk back to the station was no picnic either. a small group got their revenge by waiting until the train started to pull away before doing the 'w*nker gesture to the Millwall on the other platform. That certainly showed them!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was there

You just knew when Brighton turned out in that away kit, it wasn't going to be their day !!!!!

It was a funny season. BHA played pretty awful for most of it and won a lot of games they should've lost. Pompey at home was a classic example....0-2 with about 3 mins to half time and being slaughtered only to go in at 2-2. Brighton won 3-2 as indeed they did with quite a few of their games that season.
Digweed's penalty save was class after Crumplin had fouled an Ipswich player and then Wilkins' free kick.
The home leg against Millwall was great, best i'd ever seen Codner play. Think he scored a couple too.
The final was a damp squib. Notts county were a good side but i think Byrne and Small had their minds on big money moves. Pretty certain Nelso had gone to Charlton by then.
Good day out in the sun, ive got some photos somewhere, shame about the bloody kit though !!!!!

Wold love to see the pics. Might dig out mine and post on here tonight. Just for the younguns

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep. 2 abiding memories...

1. Singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' as we made our way from the ground.

2. I'd told my then girlfriend that there was no trouble at football any more. As we sat in the Wembley car-park, post match, a fight broke put that resulted in an Albion fan throwing a County fan across the bonnet of our car.

I found point 2 very amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here