Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who was your favourite Grandad or Uncle Albert ?

Who was your favourite ?

• Grandad

Votes: 73 44.5%
  • Uncle Albert

Votes: 91 55.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://news.sky.com/story/only-fools-and-horses-stamps-mark-tv-shows-40th-anniversary-12206146

skynews-only-fools-stamps_5258331.jpg

skynews-only-fools-stamps_5258329.jpg

A mere 40 years ago.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Both excellent actors, but Buster Merryfield shades it because his character was allowed to develop, unfortunately Lennard Pearce's death stopped Grandad's character development.

That said I'm not sure Grandad could have grown into what Uncle Albert was in the fabric of the show.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
"Oi, Grandad, d'you want a jemmy?"

"No I had one before we left, Del"

:lolol:

That was just before the wrong chandelier came crashing down in the stately home. The funniest moment EVER in British sitcom history.

Grandad was a better actor. It was such a shame he was only in OFAH for three series. I loved the spooky house with a nutter on the loose on a weekend trip to Cornwall. Del says he needs a piss in the outside loo, a great big clap of thunder strikes, "Oh, it can wait 'til morning". :lol:

Uncle Albert's timing was too often just that little bit too quick. He hadn't had that much acting in his life before that. Although the classic "Who's there?" "Knock-knock" was brilliant after the 'mugging'.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Durlston;9721050[B said:
]That was just before the wrong chandelier came crashing down in the stately home. The funniest moment EVER in British sitcom history.[/B]

Grandad was a better actor. It was such a shame he was only in OFAH for three series. I loved the spooky house with a nutter on the loose on a weekend trip to Cornwall. Del says he needs a piss in the outside loo, a great big clap of thunder strikes, "Oh, it can wait 'til morning". :lol:

Uncle Albert's timing was too often just that little bit too quick. He hadn't had that much acting in his life before that. Although the classic "Who's there?" "Knock-knock" was brilliant after the 'mugging'.

Did you drop it Del? Drop it, we aren't under it we were working on this one, oh I wish you had told me, I was working on that one.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
He died, suddenly.

Yeah that's why his 'on screen' funeral was quite emotional for the actors. Then the vicar saying the classic line 'has anyone seen my hat?' :lolol:

And Grandad for me too, I much prefered the earlier episodes when Del and Rodney were younger, but Uncle Albert was still great though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here