Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who was your favourite Grandad or Uncle Albert ?

Who was your favourite ?

• Grandad

Votes: 73 44.5%
  • Uncle Albert

Votes: 91 55.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone who is lucky enough to get to say the classic 'it was so cold the flame on my lighter froze' gets my vote.

I'll see your 'it was so cold the flame on my lighter froze' and raise you with "What's he got, a Wendy House?"

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Uncle Albert but only because he was in the later, better written and often funnier episodes.
But it really should have stopped when they got the money, it went on too long.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Loved em both but Albert wore clean clothes!

Seriously, both brilliant characters.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
The sort of question I left the OFAH Facebook group because of.
Time and time again this question was asked.
You know I’ve a lot of time for you US....but NO true only fools fan would ever ask this.
‘Tis folly

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Let me ask you an easier question.

If there are a past and a future, how long does the present last? And if the answer is no time at all (which it is) then why do we talk about it like it's a tangible thing and have a word for it if when it doesn't even exist?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Didn't the actor playing grandad died and hence uncle Albert appeared ?
Uncle Albert just tips it for me, very funny when the pub comedian shouted to the 'bloke with his head on upside down', to shut up.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'll see your 'it was so cold the flame on my lighter froze' and raise you with "What's he got, a Wendy House?"

I will raise you with "haven't you heard it's call the James Dean look ? Yes but when they said the James Dean look they mean't before the crash "

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Given what the question asks due to dubious grammar, I will say my Grandad as I don't have an Uncle Albert. And I am hardly likely to pick someone else's Grandad or Uncle Albert..

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Post's 30 and 31 sum up how brilliant it was for me. I spat my tea out then read post 30 then the next post and spat my tea out again, thanks for these lovely memories chaps!

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
When Rodney got the job as an undertaker and the hearse came down the road.
Boycie, "Albert, your minicab has arrived"
Albert talking about Rene Turpin and her American soldiers reputation, "Rumour has it that the Normandy landings started from her scullery"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Didn't the actor playing grandad died and hence uncle Albert appeared ?
Uncle Albert just tips it for me, very funny when the pub comedian shouted to the 'bloke with his head on upside down', to shut up.

Correct.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it was Del Boy that said that, it was Grandad that was trying to tune into The Dukes Of Hazard on the microwave oven.

You are right so not related but I had to put it in as it is the best line of all time imo

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Uncle Albert but only because he was in the later, better written and often funnier episodes.
But it really should have stopped when they got the money, it went on too long.[/QUOTE]

It only went on for three more episodes I believe?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who was your favourite Grandad or Uncle Albert ?

I think most are probably a bit distracted to make a decision of that magnitude.

Looked after the game at NSC and all the usual match posts and this was right in the middle and stood out - GG, we’re you not watching, bored or multitasking :lol: You’ve had all week to post a thread like this haha!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here