Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the Albions first openly Gay player?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There have never been any. Openly, I mean. Never.

Pretty sad reflection on football, to be honest. Few other workplaces exist in this day & age where nobody would dare come out.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton

Pretty sad reflection on football, to be honest. Few other workplaces exist in this day & age where nobody would dare come out.

This. It's a damning indictment of the level of thick-skulled homophobia that still exists in the sport.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This. It's a damning indictment of the level of thick-skulled homophobia that still exists in the sport.

I bet most people on here know work colleagues who are open about their sexuality. I know four or five gay male coppers and plenty more gay female ones, for example. I used to work in travel, which is well known for having a high proportion of gay guys, especially the cabin crew. Even the armed forces are pretty supportive these days.

It just seems to be sport, and particularly football, where it's (quite pathetically) an issue.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I bet most people on here know work colleagues who are open about their sexuality. I know four or five gay male coppers and plenty more gay female ones, for example. I used to work in travel, which is well known for having a high proportion of gay guys, especially the cabin crew. Even the armed forces are pretty supportive these days.

It just seems to be sport, and particularly football, where it's (quite pathetically) an issue.

None on the building sites + would question any in the army that are openly gay and accepted

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Why would you think that anyone has some kind of distorted obligation to tell anyone of his own sexual preference.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know out gay builders / sparkies and there's been documentarys on out gays in the army / RAF.

fair enough, jsut from my experience they may be accepted from some but would take a load of non stop piss take, even straight men get called poofs if they don't measure up lifting wise

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Who can remember the name of the other keeper who kept Powney out ? Geoff Sidebottom.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Im not sure why a professional footballer would announce to the world that they like inserting their penis in mens bottoms. Rooney was dropped to "protect" him from the crowd for having sex with girls so what would Fergie do with an out the closet gay for example

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Im not sure why a professional footballer would announce to the world that they like inserting their penis in mens bottoms. Rooney was dropped to "protect" him from the crowd for having sex with girls so what would Fergie do with an out the closet gay for example

It doesn't follow that if someone is gay that they are automatically on the prowl for bumsex at every opportunity.

May 2, 2010
we've had various rumours about our own in the years gone by,Paul Barron was a gay as a window,apparently he'd walk around the showers with a huge pop corn

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
we've had various rumours about our own in the years gone by,Paul Barron was a gay as a window,apparently he'd walk around the showers with huge pop corn

Didn't Simon Jordan like a peep of the players taking a shower after the game ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here