Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who wants a game of Mornington Crescent?

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
because it was Monday yesterday you will know that the short rules only apply and from the 2nd turn in reverse order during December. Please also remember rule 7b: All Egyptian moves are disallowed except crossovers and double takes.

So I 'll take a crossover to Arsenal

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Seagullsgonnagetya said:
because it was Monday yesterday you will know that the short rules only apply and from the 2nd turn in reverse order during December. Please also remember rule 7b: All Egyptian moves are disallowed except crossovers and double takes.

So I 'll take a crossover to Arsenal

I'm pretty sure you just made that up! When was that rule broadcast?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Has someone run a signal ? We've got two on the move at the same time. Finsbury Park and North Greenwich... OK - I'll go for the single, unified rail authority directive and call Embankment

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
Brovian said:
I'm pretty sure you just made that up! When was that rule broadcast?

Noooo.... ever since the Gardener "cheese" gambit of '84 was ruled legal a move, short rules must apply if today is the day after monday. Furthermore it has always been the case that from the 2nd turn in reverse order during December:dunce:

As far as I know 7b is also still legitimate but its a long time since I played:blush:

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
'Double take' is entirely legit as Embankment is the only station from which you can access all others by only changing once:clap2:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Can I please launch a Gas Attatck on the lot of you

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Ok. As I've said on the other thread, I didn't believe this existed. But after discussing with my housemate, I've got the rules in front of me. I think. From Burnt Oak, I should be able to say White City, where we all were not too long ago incidentally?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
watsongooal said:
Can I please launch a Gas Attatck on the lot of you

Funnily enough, that was an entirely legitimate manoevre (although not in the spirit of the game) until the Rushden rule-summit in 1993 when it was declared that all "unreasonable objects" (i.e. objects not directly required to fulfill the objective) were made illegal at any point on the District line between Putney Bridge and Mansion House.

Since I have been at Earls Court, I cannot therefore be gassed, shot or whatever. The same goes for anyone playing who have so far moved via this line, which rules out pretty much everyone.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Not very progessive? It's my first game, was first move even! I had to make sure it was legal. Give a guy a chance.

I'm gonna slow everyone down until I can get to grips fully with this:

Out to South Woodford

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Bloody hell Titanic. I haven't even moved yet and you've already left me in spoon.

That means I can't really go anywhere but Clapham South - and I'm digging my own grave here to be brutally honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here