Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who the f*** is Jan Moir and why is she such a horrible ****?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone who thinks his death isn't suspicious should really leave the house a bit more. Daily Mail Dorris is just saying what everyone is thinking!

Still they'll sell a few more records off the back of it so every cloud and all that.

Everyone is thinking ?

A sizeable chunk of the population would have been annoyed by the article in question once alerted to it.

A sizeable chunk of the population wouldn't have a clue who he was.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
According to this morning's news this article has generated a record number of complaints and M&S have pulled their advertising from the Mail Website. Looks like there will be some fall out from this after all.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Everyone is thinking ?

Everyone I've spoken to.

A sizeable chunk of the population would have been annoyed by the article in question once alerted to it.

Only woolly liberals who aren't really the Daily Mail target audience are they.

A sizeable chunk of the population wouldn't have a clue who he was.

Who are these people? Do they not read the papers? Or watch the news? It's been front page news for the last week. Even if you hadn't heard of the bloke before last you would have by now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
funny Brooker getting everyone to make a complaint through his newspaper column when a few months ago he was castigating the papers for doing the same over Brandgate. St Charlie is f***ing funny and a clever bloke, but he can't half be a wanker sometimes.

Daily Mail Columnist in Saying Something Stupid Shocker. It's not pleasant or classy what she wrote but f***ing hell, all this 'call the grassline and protest' stuff is cntish too though. How embarrassing.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
funny Brooker getting everyone to make a complaint through his newspaper column when a few months ago he was castigating the papers for doing the same over Brandgate. St Charlie is f***ing funny and a clever bloke, but he can't half be a wanker sometimes.

Daily Mail Columnist in Saying Something Stupid Shocker. It's not pleasant or classy what she wrote but f***ing hell, all this 'call the grassline and protest' stuff is cntish too though. How embarrassing.

Oh grow up. This kind of thing should happen far more often. It reminds me of the Sunday Express piece on the teenage survivors of the Dunblane thing : Sunday Express Dunblane controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Another disgusting little piece by some utter fuckhead who GETS PAID to come out with shit like this.

Given Gately's fame he's going to get more attention. That's not right but it still doesn't mean that nasty piece of work on the Mail shouldn't get pulled up on it. And if the Mail get hit in the pocket and think twice about not printing shite like that, then great. That's not going to happen but they deserve it.

Brooker's piece is great. But it doesn't matter how many times he or others point out that an autopsy performed by a forensic scientist states he dies of natural causes, there's still going to be the morons who ignore FACTS.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
funny Brooker getting everyone to make a complaint through his newspaper column when a few months ago he was castigating the papers for doing the same over Brandgate.

Somewhat missing the point, I think. Here's what Brooker said:

Jan's paper, the Daily Mail, absolutely adores it when people flock to Ofcom to complain about something offensive, especially when it's something they've only learned about second-hand via an inflammatory article in a newspaper. So it would undoubtedly be delighted if, having read this, you paid a visit to the Press Complaints Commission website (Press Complaints Commission >> Home Page >> Welcome ) to lodge a complaint about Moir's article on the basis that it breaches sections 1, 5 and 12 of its code of practice.

So did you not bother to read the article, or not understand the irony? Or maybe you did but thought you'd just deliberately twist his words and call him a wanker anyway?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I've rarely seen so many ridiculous responses. Who really cares about Stephen Gatelely on this site. Are you all Boyzone fans? Why work yourselves up into a frenzy. Just another dead popstar, whether he was a shirt lifter or not.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've rarely seen so many ridiculous responses. Who really cares about Stephen Gatelely on this site. Are you all Boyzone fans? Why work yourselves up into a frenzy. Just another dead popstar, whether he was a shirt lifter or not.
And I would imagine a good many of the so call "horrified" by this woman's article had a good chuckle at the numerous text jokes flying around, hell if that was Alex Reid found dead on the sofa while his old woman was banging a bloke they had pulled in some Ibiza bar the previous night the whole of HM Press Corp would have a field day and this board would be filled with "Slag" "Whore" "Cuntyslag" (that one's for Fat Alan's wife)! But no it's a shity little singer from Ireland who happens to be a Homosexual, how trendy.
May I also suggest that it was no more offensive than that prick Brand's comments on his two bob show poking fun at an Old man and his Grand Daughter and I dont remember many of the above posters coming out in support of him, and if there are so many people on here who refuse to read the Daily mail how come so many have heard about it! That's right second hand reporting which is what people on here were moaning about during that last incedent.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here