Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should replace McGhee?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Martin Allen or Phil Parkinson but I'm not sure we would be able to get either.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Gerry Francis, he doesn't want the England role, nah

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Stan Ternant is probably the best pick from the out of work managers.

Almost saved Gillingham last season.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Peter Reid?
When he first joined Suunderland he did an excellent job of keeping them up, could do the same for us. Also he has some good contacts from the premiership that might be willing to help him out with a few loan players.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Wanderer said:
Gerry Francis, he doesn't want the England role, nah

I was thinking he'd be the top man for the job before he got that england coaching role, but that doesn't mean to say he couldn't do both.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yorkie said:
Once again this name crops up. Four goes at trying to get Bristol City promoted and cannot keep MK Dons out of trouble at the moment.
Got Sheff Wed relegated so the only success he has had was getting Barnsley promoted (which didn't last)

But DK wanted him before he got lardy in.

Yes and look where Bristol City are now without him.

Sheff Wed relegated? Show me someone who has had success with Weds over the last few years (Sturrock excepted). Even Paul Jewell struggled.

MK Dons. Well lets face it no one likes them and they have less of a pot to piss in than we do.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So, the herd mentality that is NSC cannot itself decide on who should 'take over'* at Withdean. 20-odd names picked out of thin air, and no clear decision amongst the herd as to who it should be. Oh dear. Gee, I'm quite glad it's Dick Knight who runs the club.

* Notwithstanding the small point that the team manager's role is currently filled, a situation unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As said in another post:

NOTHING like knowing your BEST 11 and sticking to it. Naming virtually the same side every week at the beginning of the season.

Last year (and the year before) the team virtually picked itself (injuries and suspensions permitting) this year its a velvet bag with squad numbers and the first 11 out the hat plays.

And how many times do we have to say IF MAGOO WENT THEN WE WOULD GET LOTS OF APPLICATIONS. FROM THAT THERE WOULD BE AT LEAST THREE OR FOUR DECENT CANDIDATES.

Its called a shortlist. I dont know who would apply because some may already be in jobs with other clubs. But if they want my two penneth worth when the applications are in then I will gladly give it.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
as i said on hartys phone in Gerry Francis for me

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One thing I can assure you of...

The more Dick Knight hears any grumblings about 'McGhee out', the more he will be determined to dig his heels in and keep him at the club. So it will all be folly in the first place.

Dick Knight knows EXACTLY if and when McGhee should go, and seeing as McGhee is currently under contract, doing his job to a very tight budget, it ain't gonna be any time soon, so get used to it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:

The more Dick Knight hears any grumblings about 'McGhee out', the more he will be determined to dig his heels in and keep him at the club. So it will all be folly in the first place.

Dick Knight knows EXACTLY if and when McGhee should go, and seeing as McGhee is currently under contract, doing his job to a very tight budget, it ain't gonna be any time soon, so get used to it.

I agree that really NSC is a very small % of Albion fans so we are in no way the majority. Whether McGhee in or out.

However if (a big if) most supporters did start to chant McGhee out etc etc then surely Dick Knight wouldn't still dig his heels in? You dont want to piss off your customers after all.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Large One said:

I would agree with all of that, but isn't it frustrating that McGhee can go on unchallenged regardless of results ?

Its that perception that makes me want a change more than the woefull record of McGhee over the last 47 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here