Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should not been at West Ham

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
chez said:
IMO the only people who shouldnt have been there are the ones that didnt pay for tickets. Everyone that paid their money deserved to be there, just a shame there wasnt enough tickets to go round.

You are correct if the tickets had been sold on a first come, first served basis a la Cardiff. But the club chose to allocate tickets to reward loyal home and away supporters. Yet there were many people at West Ham who were neither. That's why STH and AMS folk are upset. The club did not deliver on its stated policy and has rightly apologised.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
NMH said:
Wait a nose-pickin' minute here NEW BOY on NSC - what are you moaning about when you managed to get a ticket, these two NEW ALBION FAN lads managed to get tickets, and there's a possibility of our club gaining NEW fans because of a heightened profile match?

How did you get interested in the Albion, was you love incited by a boring fixture with rubbish football? (like some people actually did get into it! amazingly)

JUST because favour wasn't shown to STHs, all this whinging! Fact is, that the fixture against WH was just a 'bit of fluff on the side' compared with our MARRIAGE to the LEAGUE.

I hope these newbies enjoyed the match, and are curious enough about the glorious BHAFC to want to see us play again - and will be queing up for tickets (or STs) to add to the brilliant atmosphere at Falmer Stadium.

So...let,s get this right....What you are saying is......anyone new is very welcome, you hope they enjoy themselves,, and they want to come again.....very commendable...!

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
We need all the fans we can get - fairweather or not - the club needs the cash - someone who goes just once a season is still a fan. If we only consdered season ticket holders and people who go to every game to be fans we would be in trouble when Falmer comes.

Last edited:

cjd said:
So...let,s get this right....What you are saying is......anyone new is very welcome, you hope they enjoy themselves,, and they want to come again.....very commendable...!
However........your insults to somebody NEW posting on here, shows what you really think of "newbies"("nose pickin NEW BOY on NSC").
Hypocrite is the only word I have to say to you.

Can you read?
I did not say "nose pickin NEW BOY on NSC". Are you versed in English or do you just like to throw "hypocrite" out there because you can't take a response and can no longer see straight?

Don't bother, I think I already know the answer.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If people were that desperate to see the game why didn't they then just get them in the West Ham end. There must have been at least 50 Albion fans in the Bobby Moore stand. Four guys from my office had tickets for that stand - they are ST holders and missed out so they just got them direct from West Ham - even though it must have been a pisser seeing all 3 goals go in at close quarters.

I'm sure in the future the club will re-define the ticketing policy after so many complaints - just get over it FFS

PS - and I will be at Bristol on Tuesday, any others.....?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
NMH said:
Can you read?
I did not say "nose pickin NEW BOY on NSC". Are you versed in English or do you just like to throw "hypocrite" out there because you can't take a response and can no longer see straight?

Don't bother, I think I already know the answer.

You are quite right, I did read it wrongly....my post has been edited, and appointment at opticians tomorrow booked. Apologies.

NMH said:
Wait a nose-pickin' minute here NEW BOY on NSC - what are you moaning about when you managed to get a ticket, these two NEW ALBION FAN lads managed to get tickets, and there's a possibility of our club gaining NEW fans because of a heightened profile match?

How did you get interested in the Albion, was you love incited by a boring fixture with rubbish football? (like some people actually did get into it! amazingly)

JUST because favour wasn't shown to STHs, all this whinging! Fact is, that the fixture against WH was just a 'bit of fluff on the side' compared with our MARRIAGE to the LEAGUE.

I hope these newbies enjoyed the match, and are curious enough about the glorious BHAFC to want to see us play again - and will be queing up for tickets (or STs) to add to the brilliant atmosphere at Falmer Stadium.

100% agree. This newbie, glory hunter stuff is absolute bullshit. Any one not regularly at Withdean should have stayed away from Cardiff cos they ruined the day by getting the words to some songs wrong
Its very unfortunate that some fans couldn't attend but thats just the way it is sometimes. There have been matches I couldnt go to because I couldnt get a ticket and you just have to say "You win some you lose some". Hopefully we will see some new faces at The Withdean who are fired up from their cup experience and can help improve the atmosphere at home.
Stop moaning fella's and start singing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Franks Wild Years said:
100% agree. This newbie, glory hunter stuff is absolute bullshit. Any one not regularly at Withdean should have stayed away from Cardiff cos they ruined the day by getting the words to some songs wrong
Its very unfortunate that some fans couldn't attend but thats just the way it is sometimes. There have been matches I couldnt go to because I couldnt get a ticket and you just have to say "You win some you lose some". Hopefully we will see some new faces at The Withdean who are fired up from their cup experience and can help improve the atmosphere at home.
Stop moaning fella's and start singing.

He can't lay floorboards, but by golly the man can speak SENSE!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
Willow said:
Maybe some sort of test needs to be devised to root out these glory hunters? I'm thinking an examination of 25 questions to be passed by all STH within the next 6 months. Pass or your out!

Seriously, some people need to let this go. Does it really matter ? Actually, don't answer that :nono:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
was surprised to see a number of (off duty) Withdean Stewards sitting in the same section/rows particularly when I know they are certainly not AMS or STH.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...the odd thing about Cardiff was that I was sat by a bloke who on one occasion shouted "come on Reading", I gave him a somewhat confused look, at which point he admitted that although he was originally from Sussex he no longer really supported the Albion...I have also on my travels met two people who were in our end at the Wembley play-off final, but support Liverpool and Leeds, work that one out!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I saw Adam Hinshelwood at the game, he is not a STH, AMS member, or close personal friend of Beach Hut, how DARE he attend.

A MASSIVE PROTEST is needed.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I do get a bit sick and tired of the whinging by Season Ticket holders. If it wasn't for the fact that I work so many Saturdays, I would have a season ticket, that doesn't make me any less of a fan than a STH. I get to as many games as I can, both home and away.

There were errors in the allocation though. The club said they would give some sort of priorit to people who went to the earlier cup matches against less glamourous opposition. We were all told to keep our stubs. When it came down to it, only one counted, Millwall away. I can see why people got pissed by that.

Now, I went to the early cup games (both FA and JPT) for the same reason I always go, to see the team play. The Northwich game was one that any Albion fan should be gutted if they didn't bother. I couldn't get a ticket for the West Ham game either, not in the right end, anyway, like many Brighton fans, I realised the futility of whining about it and went and bought a ticket in the home end. Wasn't easy though when the goals went in, sitting their quietly fuming while all around me cockneys are going mental!

The club DO neet to sort out the allocation for these matches, but they also need to do as they say they will. They need support for the unglamourous ties early in the competition, how many of the whinging STH actually went to these games?

Rant over

Fork Me

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
southstandandy said:
If people were that desperate to see the game why didn't they then just get them in the West Ham end. There must have been at least 50 Albion fans in the Bobby Moore stand. Four guys from my office had tickets for that stand - they are ST holders and missed out so they just got them direct from West Ham - even though it must have been a pisser seeing all 3 goals go in at close quarters.

I'm sure in the future the club will re-define the ticketing policy after so many complaints - just get over it FFS

PS - and I will be at Bristol on Tuesday, any others.....?

I was in the Upper Tier of the East Stand. Noticed a few familiar faces in there as well.

Fork Me

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
fork me said:
Wasn't easy though when the goals went in, sitting their quietly fuming while all around me cockneys are going mental!

The club DO neet to sort out the allocation for these matches, but they also need to do as they say they will. They need support for the unglamourous ties early in the competition, how many of the whinging STH actually went to these games?

Rant over

Fork Me

I must admit if Alex Revell had connected better with his header, I would not likely be here adding my comments to this thread. I went, "oooh", under my breath. If it had gone in, I don't know what I would have done. As for the earlier games, yes, I went to both. I didn't flounce about not getting a ticket and just bought one in the West Ham end. Given how busy I was on the Monday, it would have been very difficult for me to have posted my application. However, I was rather miffed having been told to keep the stubs from the earlier games. I was also hacked off about the sterile areas in the ground. I understand it for the Lower Tier, but was it really necessary for the Upper Tier, when it was a self-contained stand?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the tickets for West Ham should have been sold as part of a 3 or 4 game package with 2 or 3 at home thus increasing the Withdean crowd and encouraging new people to come to watch the team. Obviously STH would have only had to pay for the West Ham game but others for the other 3 matches as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here