Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Ken Clarke

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • it makes no difference, they are all scum

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters

Dandyman

In London village.
Who in your opinion should the Tories select to lead their motley collection of estate agents and second hand car dealers to defeat in 2009/2010 ?

Is anyone capable of saving them or are they doomed to oblivion ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Dandyman said:
Who in your opinion should the Tories select to lead their motley collection of estate agents and second hand car dealers to defeat in 2009/2010 ?

Is anyone capable of saving them or are they doomed to oblivion ?

As opposed to Labours motley collection of Lawyer's, teachers & social workers not sure whats worse:nono:

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
To create some effective opposition, Clarke with Cameron as his number 2 with a view to Cameron as leader.

However as the blue rinse facists get the final say, Davies will get it, which will be amusing as he has no chance of winning an election.

Cue a Looney response.

Tend to agree with that. Clarke could position them for a close finish at the next election, with Cameron then poised to take over as leader for the 2013/14 election which, given an economic downturn/sheer boredom, they might have a chance of winning.

Hopefully Davies will be elected and we can see them become an ever increasing irrelevance. Opposition to Mr Tony can then come from the left.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i prefer cameron out of all of them. listened to most of his speech this morning and came across quite well for a tory

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
To create some effective opposition, Clarke with Cameron as his number 2 with a view to Cameron as leader.

However as the blue rinse facists get the final say, Davies will get it, which will be amusing as he has no chance of winning an election.

Cue a Looney response.

Yeah agree with that, Cameron is too young just yet but can learn a lot of Ken Clarke, who also has the advantage of being popular with swing voters.

What some of the mugs like Looney don't understand is that the party didn't lose votes to the right, or not in any significant numbers. The majortiy of votes they lost went to Lib Dem and Labour, so the party needs to go more towards the centre, which with Clarke and Cameron you imagine they would.

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
I suspect he is the long term option, but chuck him in now and like they did with Hague they wreck a potentially good leader by giving him the job too early.

That's it exactly. Hague was an intelligent man, but he was thrown in too early.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i prefer cameron out of all of them. listened to most of his speech this morning and came across quite well for a tory
What's a Tory supposed to sound like then! Oh I know see the current administration for the answer

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hague was never prime minister material, despite being a very able politician.

The only candidate the Tories have who stands any chance of winning the next election is Ken Clarke. None of the other candidates have either the experience or the vision to convince the electorate that their way is best.

However, the party will never be able to unite fully behind Clarke because of his stance on Europe, so they're buggered basically.

If they could manage it, and his front bench consisted of Hague, Portillo, Widdecombe, Davis and Cameron, I think they would give Labour a decent run for their money.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We need a decent opposition. Just so we can keep the Liar and his party in check.

You talk about Tory Sleaze when they were in power but thats nothing compared to those wankers in governement at the moment.

This also includes ex leaders like the welsh tosser who hated Europe until he realised how much he could make as an MEP.

Vote Labour

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
Certainly do well to get Portillo on the front bench, he is no longer a sitting MP. Also not sure Widdecombe is still in Parliament.

She is, I think

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cameron, time to finally kill off the old guard and get a new man in.

On the other hand, if you want Labour to win, go for Clarke, I can't see "the people" voting for him as PM

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know Portillo's gone, but wouldn't be surprised to see him back if the conditions were right, maybe a nice cheeky safe seat in the South-East?

Maybe Clarke could opt for Howard Flight as Chancellor, he wouldn't be afraid to tell it like it is.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Pavilionaire said:
Hague was never prime minister material, despite being a very able politician.

The only candidate the Tories have who stands any chance of winning the next election is Ken Clarke. None of the other candidates have either the experience or the vision to convince the electorate that their way is best.

However, the party will never be able to unite fully behind Clarke because of his stance on Europe, so they're buggered basically.

If they could manage it, and his front bench consisted of Hague, Portillo, Widdecombe, Davis and Cameron, I think they would give Labour a decent run for their money.

Why can't Cameron (who has none of the old baggage) do a Blair ?

Dandyman

In London village.
Stinky Kat said:

Probably only of appeal to the Monday Club. :D

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
I know Portillo's gone, but wouldn't be surprised to see him back if the conditions were right, maybe a nice cheeky safe seat in the South-East?

Maybe Clarke could opt for Howard Flight as Chancellor, he wouldn't be afraid to tell it like it is.

He will not, he had one of the safest seats in the country (Kensington and Chelsea). Again he sees himself in media these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here