Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who says romance is dead? 183 tickets left for Millwall game on Valentines Night

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
What better gift for your loved one than a trip to the Amex for Brighton v Millwall.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If you want 2 tickets together, good seats in WSU for £40 then PM me. Face value is £56.

PG

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
What better gift for your loved one than a trip to the Amex for Brighton v Millwall.

Ha Ha!!! That is exactly what is happening to the wife and I. My son is my usual carer at football, but he can't make it due to a hospital appointment. So I asked the wife if she wanted an evening out on valentines day and she excitedly agreed. Then she found out it was football lol. But she has said in the past she wouldn't mind seeing inside the Amex.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Valentine's Day has to be the saddest day of the year. Guys being forced to take their wives/partners/girlfriends out just because it is Feb 14th. If you want to take your better half to dinner, buy her roses, or tell her you love her, why the hell should you be expected to do it on that particular day? I have always avoided it like the plague. Hate being sat in a restaurant with loads of other couples cooing across the table. It's a load of crap. I have no problem taking my lady-friend out or buying her flowers at any other time, but on principal not on Feb 14th.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Valentine's Day has to be the saddest day of the year. Guys being forced to take their wives/partners/girlfriends out just because it is Feb 14th. If you want to take your better half to dinner, buy her roses, or tell her you love her, why the hell should you be expected to do it on that particular day? I have always avoided it like the plague. Hate being sat in a restaurant with loads of other couples cooing across the table. It's a load of crap. I have no problem taking my lady-friend out or buying her flowers at any other time, but on principal not on Feb 14th.

You're a miserable git whose mind could turn milk sour at 40 yards.

But in this instance, you're also spot-on.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011

The sad fact is that if you buy her flowers on any other day you'll get a lot more for the money, and ditto with the meal. Take her out the day before or the day after and you'll get a less crowded restaurant, and a much less rushed meal served by far less stressed staff.

As Lisa Simpson said, "romance is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece. "

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have we sold out yet ???

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the pal i go with cant make it against Millwall, I mentioned it to the wife (pie and football, i think thats quiet romantic) and she was up for it until I told her we were playing Millwall...........I was told in no uncertain terms where to go. Now going alone.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Going to be taking my other half up the new den! romance is not dead!

Given that it's a home game, at least it'll be quiet there - you should be nicely undisturbed.

(Unless there's a beam-back and you're a Millwall fan, taking the missus to that? That really must be applauded as dedication in the face of possible testicle loss...)

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Well I tried the "they have a lovely restaurant at The Amex" line, but that didn't work.

It GFs' first Valentines Day in a relationship for years, so she is expecting a bit of an effort for me......

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Guessing that there may be more season ticket and 1901 no-shows than normal on that night?

Can't go myself anyway because it's a Tuesday :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here