Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who remembers when we had interesting pre-seaon friendlies?

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
I remember us getting stuffed 7-2 at home by Arsenal during the pre-season of 1987-88. Kevin Bremner scored a fantastic volley that night. Good times !!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pre season friendlies do tend to be mighty shit though, whoever we play... We only go because we're desperate for football by then!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Our Pre-Season schedule, is Pukka this year (See Sig). :clap:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We used to have loads. The best would have been Spurs at the Goldstone which was billed as Klinsman's 1st game for Spurs, he didn't turn up but it sticks in my mind because it was the 1st time I saw Sol Campbell play. Skinny, comparatively, at the time and he had our hero Nogan in his pocket all game and had twice as much pace as our fastest forward.

I seem to remember Mark Gall gave Sol Campbell the right run-around.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to remember Mark Gall gave Sol Campbell the right run-around.

Really? It seems Mark Gall retired in 1992 and Klinsman didn't join Spurs until 1994 so I'm guessing this pre-season was in 1994

Strings, do you have the team line ups for that game?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I remember us loosing about 7-1 to SHeffield Wednesday at The Goldstone. They had such greats as You'll never beat Des Walker, Regi Blinker and a whole host of stars that graced the Premiership early years

That was Steve Foster's testimonial... Hoddle played for us and sent over a delicate chip for Minton to knock back to Peter Smith to tap in.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Plus Barca and Celtic

We are meant to be heading over to Hong Kong as well

Yeah Barca and Celtic, will be OK. But as I said, last month, it doesn't appeal to me.

I heard about that Hong Kong tour too, I hope that doesn't happen. :nono:

Surely we have to play Orient too, as our reserves use there ground.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Really? It seems Mark Gall retired in 1992 and Klinsman didn't join Spurs until 1994 so I'm guessing this pre-season was in 1994

It was before 1994.I can remember having some banter with a Spurs supporting mate at work who used to rave about this young defender called Sol Campbell.I think we played Spurs a couple of times in pre season at the Goldstone.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I'll post it next time I go to my parents if you want, however it is unlikely to be until August bank holiday I'm afraid!

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i seem to remember us playing in a pre season tournament involving Rangers, West Ham + 1 other team at Ibrox ??

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
That was Steve Foster's testimonial... Hoddle played for us and sent over a delicate chip for Minton to knock back to Peter Smith to tap in.

Are you sure on that?

I remember us playing Wednesday for Dean Wilkins testimonial, and he got probably the worst reception for anyone who was celebrating a testimonial, hardly a murmur from the north stand.

We also played Spurs and got thumped another time, so that might be the game that Hoddle played in.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beating Cyprus 6-0 at the Goldstone was good, but that must be all of forty years ago now...........................

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
West ham in Asia has just been confirmed

Typical Premiership SHITE. :nono:

I'm just doing;

Bournemouth on the 17th
Peterborough on the 21st
Aldershot on the 24th

and Olympiakos at home, on the 9th.

Probably do AFC Wimbledon with BHA too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports