Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here saw the Albion play at the Goldstone?

Did you see the Albion play at the Goldstone?

• Total voters

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Yep indeed since 1975.

Started off in the West terrace (South), down at the front near the dug out (all my family went). We then took boxes to stand on and moved to the back of the West terrace.

Only stood in the South Stand once when Millwall took over the west terrace and they moved us out. Never sat in the old seats at the back. Sat in the all seated south stand once or twice.

Moved on to the North stand but then changed to the East Terrace for many years. Did every part of that apart from the old away corner. Did a couple of games in the west terrace (north) when they gave teams such as Arsenal in the FA Cup or Portsmouth the whole East Terrace.

I stood in the North stand with the original roof, then the uncovered years, followed by the new roof which lasted until the end!

I sat in the old lego stand just once when we stuffed Charlton when I had a broken arm.

Sat a few times in the West Stand when I was banned following the Lincoln pitch invasion.

:cry: miss the place:cry:

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Only went there twice as a youngster
My first ever football match was a 2-1 victory over Derby, I think I sat in the South stand with the only one of my brothers that doesn't support Brighton!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course!!!

The likes of 1066gull don't have a clue about what this club used to be / is...

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
First game I can remember was Rochdale on May 3rd 1972. Draw needed by both teams, for The Albion to go up from 3rd. to 2nd. Div., and for Rochdale to avoid relegation. Finished totally un-dubiously 1-1. Was actually the third highest gate at The Goldstone at 34 766 souls present. I was ten at the time and fainted in the heat cause by the squeeze. I think I might have gone to earlier games, but this one stuck in the memory :rolleyes:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Yep............. we're the left side, we're the left side..............

we're the right side, we're the right side...............

:clap2::clap2::clap2: GREAT days

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
The smash of glass and the rumble of boots. Tea tasting like diesel. Piss following you out of the 'toilets'. Burgers made of unspecificied species. Grumpy old bastards on the door.

Then when you got to the top of the stairs going up to the North Stand, onto the terrace, there was the pitch in front of you, and the heart quickened a beat. Take your place with your mates on the terrace, next to some smelly old git who insisted on smoking you and everyone else with twenty feet to death. Those within thirty feet usually got a throat load of hacked-up greenie sprayed on you.

Then the players came out to a tinny 'Sussex by the Sea'. Watch Peter O'Sullivan / Steve Penney / Tony Towner take the piss out of some poor, unsuspecting full-back. Peter Ward / Michael Robinson / Garry Nelson on hand to bang in the winner. Jump around like a dervish, while steaming down the terrace, shouting yourself hoarse. Players go off to appreciative applause.

Leave the hallowed place, avoid the mad bastards from Manchester City / Arsenal / Leeds United without laces in their DMs, trying to chase you across Hove Park for a good kicking.

Find a good fish and chip shop on the way home once back in safe territory.

f***, I miss that place... :down:

Don't forget watching the Albion lose 8-2 to Bristol Rovers and 4-0 to the mighty Walton & Hersham.

I was a regular from August 1972 to May 1997.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here