Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your historical hero?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Having to do a 500 word essay on my historical hero, got me thinking of NSC's historical heroes/heroines are?

For me it's Martin Luther King.

Who is yours?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yeshua Ben Yosef.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alfred The Great takes some beating, a real man's man. Saw off the Vikings but so shit at cooking he burnt the cakes.

Well, him and Alan Turing.

Last edited:

Whoever it was that first thought, "I wonder what that spider looking thing that lives in the sea would taste like if I put it in boiling water for 10 minutes"

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
How about a modern day hero like Corporal Johnson Beharry VC !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Phaedra, wife of Theseus and step mother to Hippolytus.

Much maligned and misunderstood.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Jules Bonnot

nnaann

Sep 9, 2011
Hard to look beyond Sir Winston in my opinion.

I've got to agree with this, the man was a genius.

During the war, he knew that Hitler was superstitious, so he used to have his English spies living in Germany write the horoscopes published in their Newspapers. Hitler would then read these and develop his battle tactics based on them, meaning that Churchill actually had an influence over the German army.

At another point, Hitler threatened to gas the whole of Britain. Churchill responded by threatening to gas the whole of Germany, should Hitler go ahead with that threat. Hitler obviously never went ahead with it, completely unaware of the fact that Churchill was bluffing, and Britain had no gas reserves or factories available to produce the amount required in time.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I've got to agree with this, the man was a genius.

During the war, he knew that Hitler was superstitious, so he used to have his English spies living in Germany write the horoscopes published in their Newspapers. Hitler would then read these and develop his battle tactics based on them, meaning that Churchill actually had an influence over the German army.

At another point, Hitler threatened to gas the whole of Britain. Churchill responded by threatening to gas the whole of Germany, should Hitler go ahead with that threat. Hitler obviously never went ahead with it, completely unaware of the fact that Churchill was bluffing, and Britain had no gas reserves or factories available to produce the amount required in time.
Is there even the smallest shred of truth in any of that?? :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here