Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your favourite stand-up COMEDIAN?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning are possbily the WORST comedians I have ever had the misfortune of seeing.

I have seen Jimmy Carr live and he is far better on the tv. Gervais like-wise.

I really want to see Andy Parsons. If his performances on Mock The Week are anything to go by then he will be hilarious.

Depends on your sense of humour I suppose. Chubby & Bernard were excellent when I saw them.

I think the worst has to be Jim Davidson.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've seen a lot of em live. Best in my opinion by a million miles is Jimmy Jones. Closely follwed by Johnny Vegas. Mike Reid also took some beating. Lee Evans is superb, and Jack Dee ( who I haven't seen live) is also excellent.

Worse stand up ever... Ricky Gervais. Can be very funny on TV, but live he's the most unfunny boring comedian I've seen live. Very short, very scripted show, Mind you if it had been more than 45 minutes, I probably would have walked out!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gervais is cack. He got lucky with The Office and has lived off that ever since, in my humble opinion. That ginger bird is worse (can't remember her name) and the new Ben and Jerry thing on BBC is atrocious.

Paul Merton is my favourite and/or Jack Dee.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Rich Hall is my favourite. Can't ever seem to be able to book him for Komedia though, but I do try.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Richard Perry and Seann Walsh are bloody good local comedians, along with Comedy Steve obviously

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rich Hall is my favourite. Can't ever seem to be able to book him for Komedia though, but I do try.

Went to see him last year. Excellent.

One of my all time favourites though is Robin Williams. His Live at the New York Met video is superb.

[YT]nIWB-Neyj-c[/YT]

[YT]wpGtgZw5Z_U[/YT]

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Frank Skinner for me although I saw Jasper Carrot a few years ago and he was superb. Ironically I'd seen Billy Connolly a few days prior to that and thought he was very tedious.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
my top comedians

1- Stewart Lee
2- Harry Hill
3- Patrick Monahan
4- Milton Jones
5- Jim Jeffries (Hellbound tour)
6- Stephen Grant

There are a few acts I dont like, Joe Pasqualie and to a lesser extent Peter Kay in the main are not liked by a lot of acts I know as they are notorious for being gag thiefs, theres an excellent Stewart Lee clip about Joe here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YE9Kthyaco

I would reccomend anyone who hasent been to go to the Komedia, Stephen Grant is brilliant and would suggest you get down to see Milton Jones in October there as he is a great act

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Isn't Gervais' Fame Tour on Channel 4 tonight?

Saw it at the Brighton Centre and was pretty good.

'tis , got it on DVD but don't think it's as good as animals mind.

right my faves are:

Lee Evans (seeing him in November)
Frank Skinner
Jimmy Carr
Russell Howard
Brightons very own Stephen Grant
Bill Hicks
Bill Bailey

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
I liked Jack Dee when he was starting out- very sharp, at the old Concorde bar, ?? years ago..

Pamela Stephenson (even earlier, at the Dome) was freaky, and brilliant (costume changes mid scene, ended up as a big fat bloke- until she took off the mask you wouldnt know it was her!)

Terry Alderton at Komedia last year was hilarious, though he was on last, and everyone was pissd up.. some por lad in a big group got picked on all night.

for belly laughs, billy connolly is always good value- he is very talented in other areas, too- artist, music etc.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
And what about the best stand-up joke you have heard lately?

Mine was from the Edinburgh Festival, but cannot remember the comedian...

I don't hate the Germans. I just miss my Grandad...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here