Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your favourite stand-up COMEDIAN?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
From the ones I have seen live, Bernard Manning, Roy Chubby Brown, Roy Walker, Les Dawson, Ken Dodd, Freddie Starr and believe it or not Danny La Rue in cabaret was very good.:D

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Daniel Kitson, is a absolutely superb, brilliantly funny and you end up leaving happy with the world.

I agree there, Kitson is brilliant. Saw him at the Edinburgh Fringe last year and he was on top form.

Lloyd Langford is a good young comedian who I expect to hear more from over the next few years.

I like Reginald D Hunter, Brendon Burns, Jim Jeffries, Simon Munnery, Andy Parsons, Andy Zaltzman and Richard Herring and quite a few others. But not Dermot McMorrow, if you want one piece of life advice its don't waste an hour of your time seeing him, he is awful, I lasted 40mins of his Edinburgh show this year.

I've got tickets to Russell Howard next month, looking forward to it, love him on Mock The Week, not seen him live before, his Edinburgh run this year started after I returned to Brighton.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I've always liked Stewart Lee. Bill Bailey seems to be pretty good from the stuff I've seen too although I've not managed to catch him live.

Richard Herring makes me laugh and I like Frankie Boyle when he's off on one

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Daniel Kitson, Russell Kane, Steven Grant, Rufus Hound, Frankie Boyle, Ben Norris, Jim Jeffries and Andrew Lawrence are probably the best I have seen. Phil Jupitus was shit as f***. One of the most over confident, non-funny comedians I have ever seen.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning are possbily the WORST comedians I have ever had the misfortune of seeing.

I have seen Jimmy Carr live and he is far better on the tv. Gervais like-wise.

I really want to see Andy Parsons. If his performances on Mock The Week are anything to go by then he will be hilarious.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Billy Connolly is genius - I laughed so much my sides hurt. Freddie Starr is funny bordering on embarrassing. I like Reginald D Hunter too.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
rufus hound at the good old komedia is a definite current favourite - often, natch always, better than the comedians he introduces.

all time favourites: harry hill and phil kay, both when they played at glastonbury '95.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Steven Wright - the avatar - genius
Eddie Izzard
Bill Bailey
Milton Jones
Tim Vine
Mark Watson
Dylan Moran
Victoria Wood
Jo Enright

Old school: Ken Dodd - last of a dying breed

Also enjoy some of ... Jerry Seinfeld, Woody Allen, Emo Phillips

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Dylan Moran brilliant live, Mitchell & Webb superb as well (not strictly stand up I suppose) and the genius Mr.Bill Bailey. Going to you tube Daniel Kitson now

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Omid Djalili
Jimmy Carr
Frankie Boyle
Paddy McGuinness
Lee Evans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here