Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who is the new player pictured in the argus

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Its not Jay Simpson.

It's a 17 year old Portugese winger called Jorge Lopez. Previously of Porto.

How do you know that? Any more info Turkey?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
an ex-Porto winger called LOPEZ?

I think the word around here is FLAIR!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Its not Jay Simpson.

It's a 17 year old Portugese winger called Jorge Lopez. Previously of Porto.

sounds more likely - although Simpson on loan would be great I think if he goes out for the season it will be to someone like Hull or Baggies not league one

Billy Budd

Jul 4, 2008
How old is he?
Does he have pace?
Would he be good as a wing back?
Is he a dirty player?

I could try and answer all of those, but it probably wouldn't be worth it.. Lets just say we've had a few of our players go out on trial at clubs like Chester and Crewe before and they haven't made the grade. Haswell's a good enough player for our level, but I don't know if he'd make the grade much further up the pyramid.

Just don't pin your LB hopes on someone who was playing Ryman Premier football last year (and the standard IS dire, thankfully we're in the Conference South now). If he does end up signing for you though, we've got a ready made replacement in Chris Hussey, who came through the youth and reserves.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thanks for the info BB. Do I take it you have been a WIMBLEDON fan all your life? How high do you think the club can go? Are you expecting a league placing at some point in the near future?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I could try and answer all of those, but it probably wouldn't be worth it.. Lets just say we've had a few of our players go out on trial at clubs like Chester and Crewe before and they haven't made the grade. Haswell's a good enough player for our level, but I don't know if he'd make the grade much further up the pyramid.

Just don't pin your LB hopes on someone who was playing Ryman Premier football last year (and the standard IS dire, thankfully we're in the Conference South now). If he does end up signing for you though, we've got a ready made replacement in Chris Hussey, who came through the youth and reserves.

But i remember the days of the chief,Fash,Earl,Holdsworth:wave:

Billy Budd

Jul 4, 2008
Thanks for the info BB. Do I take it you have been a WIMBLEDON fan all your life? How high do you think the club can go? Are you expecting a league placing at some point in the near future?

Always have, always will, unfortunately. I blame my uncle, who started going when they lived near Plough Lane, shortly after the Amateur Cup win in 1963. As for AFC Wimbledon, I think we've got the potential to make it to League One/Two and find our natural level there. It might take some time getting there though, Aldershot took long enough and we're a club where the fans will always own the majority share, so all the money has to be generated by the club itself, or through pre-approved loans. The bloke who is running Peterborough now tried to buy out the club before he went there, but was told where to stick his money.

But i remember the days of the chief,Fash,Earl,Holdsworth:wave:

Funny you should mention Holdsworth, we've just found out we start our season away to Newport County, where he's recently taken charge.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We are signing Lopez?

butt-jennifer-lopez-400a062007.jpg

Ghetto booty on the wing!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
No way could Brighton afford her. She would be the perfect player to play off Murray, in the hole.

She would break our tranfer record by a counry mile though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Remember one of the last players we signed who had previously played for a big name foreign club, namely Atletico Madrid?

Here's hoping this bloke can be useful for more than 12 seconds at a time.

Oct 25, 2003
Remember one of the last players we signed who had previously played for a big name foreign club, namely Atletico Madrid?

Here's hoping this bloke can be useful for more than 12 seconds at a time.

he (molango) played for atletico madrid B who are the equivalent of the championship

infact the LAST player we signed from a big name foreign club was virgo:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here