Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the best celebrity chef ??

whos the gravy ??

• Total voters

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Ok, So in light of the fact that Jamie Oliver may be plaing in the all star game for Hartys testimonial, Who is the best Celebrity chef?? whose recipies float your boat. Whose sauces get your juices flowing

Over to NSC to decide

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never tried any of his recipes, but I do find Ramsays shows quite entertaining.
His book Humble Pie is good as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't it be easier to vote for who's the worst, or most annoying?

1) Oliver
2) Harriott

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Hairy Bikers are my FAVOURITES but considering Ramsey has all manner of Michelin Stars I'm gonna vote for him.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1) Gordon "big boy" Ramsay. Yes?
Done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not a celeb chef, more of a food writer, but none of the above are a patch on Nigel Slater.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My favourite is Gary Rhodes but an old boss of mine sacked Ainsley Harriott not because he was useless at cooking but he couldnt make a profit. He was ok with the good cuts of meat like topside, rump etc but wouldnt do anything with the cheap cuts like shin etc.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My favourite is Gary Rhodes but an old boss of mine sacked Ainsley Harriott not because he was useless at cooking but he couldnt make a profit. He was ok with the good cuts of meat like topside, rump etc but wouldnt do anything with the cheap cuts like shin etc.

The bloke isn't even a chef (Harriot, that is) - he had some sort of comedy/music double act if I remember correctly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ainsley Harriott:

At sixteen, he obtained an apprenticeship at an East End restaurant and later worked as a commis (trainee) chef. However his talents lay in comedy and singing as well as cooking and Harriott formed the Calypso Twins with Paul Boross and released a record in the early 1990s, "World Party", which was a major turntable hit. The Calypso Twins went on to be regular headliners at The Comedy Store, London and Jongleurs and also performed all over America. They appeared on many TV and radio shows performing their comedy and music. Meanwhile, he continued to work as a chef, rising to head chef at Lord's Cricket Ground's Long Room when he was asked to present More Nosh, Less Dosh on BBC Radio 5.[2]

He then crossed over to television to become the resident chef on Good Morning with Anne and Nick and then as the main presenter of Can't Cook, Won't Cook and later Ready, Steady, Cook. These shows involved heavy participation with somewhat reluctant members of the public and were ideal for showcasing Harriott's rash, happy-go-lucky demeanour. However he has also presented more straightforward how-to-cook programmes such as Ainsley's Barbecue Bible, Ainsley's Meals in Minutes, Ainsley's Big Cook Out and Ainsley's Gourmet Express.

It was when he was head chef at Lords that my ex boss was Catering manager and sacked him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't think there's a whole lot to chose between them but I cannot see why everybody knocks Jamie Oliver. The bloke has done his best to do good and positive things like encouraging school children to eat more heathily as well as tring to get young people with little hope of a life to get into his industry.

Unlike some he's not prone to swearing his head off at the drop of a hat either.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ainsley Harriott:

At sixteen, he obtained an apprenticeship at an East End restaurant and later worked as a commis (trainee) chef. However his talents lay in comedy and singing as well as cooking and Harriott formed the Calypso Twins with Paul Boross and released a record in the early 1990s, "World Party", which was a major turntable hit. The Calypso Twins went on to be regular headliners at The Comedy Store, London and Jongleurs and also performed all over America. They appeared on many TV and radio shows performing their comedy and music. Meanwhile, he continued to work as a chef, rising to head chef at Lord's Cricket Ground's Long Room when he was asked to present More Nosh, Less Dosh on BBC Radio 5.[2]

He then crossed over to television to become the resident chef on Good Morning with Anne and Nick and then as the main presenter of Can't Cook, Won't Cook and later Ready, Steady, Cook. These shows involved heavy participation with somewhat reluctant members of the public and were ideal for showcasing Harriott's rash, happy-go-lucky demeanour. However he has also presented more straightforward how-to-cook programmes such as Ainsley's Barbecue Bible, Ainsley's Meals in Minutes, Ainsley's Big Cook Out and Ainsley's Gourmet Express.

It was when he was head chef at Lords that my ex boss was Catering manager and sacked him.

Ok, he had done some cheffing, my mistake. I would kinda like to see a definition of "a major turntable hit", I've never heard of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here