Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the 1st Brighton player you slagged off

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Bob Cod

(and for reference to certain NSCers - the thread is not "Grab this chance to be all sanctimonious and claim that you never EVER slag off Brighton players" - start your own thread for that)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Suprised no one has mentioned Mark Farrington as he probably got more stick than any Albion player since I've been following the club

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Suprised no one has mentioned Mark Farrington as he probably got more stick than any Albion player since I've been following the club

Yep, my god I HATED him.

Slagged him off ALL the time. Even got a photo of him to put on my dartboard. I was an angry teenager back then....

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
FARRINGTON was god awful. I don't think I watched a game where I didn't slag him off. Strangely, the time I lost it most was when he actually scored with one of his shin but for some reason he thought he had taken on 10 of their players and slotted it in from 30 years. He meant mental in front of the North Stand acting like he had proved us all wrong. I thought he was even more of a twat.

First slagging off though was Dale f***ing Jasper. The slowest midfielder in the world. He is probably still lining up a pass that I was slagging him off for 25 years ago.

I never slag off a Brighton player, but some have irritated me from time to time...the first one to achieve that was Les Berry, a bloke with a handlebar moustache that we signed from Charlton...come to think of it, it might have been when Mike Bailey was manager, which might have had something to do with it. He (Berry not Bailey) was supposed to be a left back but never tackled, he just did an impression of a crab trying to avoid going anywhere near the ball or player.

Berry was signed by Mullery during his second fantastcally inept spell as manager. I think there was some family relationship between Mullers and Berry ................. but i could be wrong

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Probably Dean Saunders. Admittedly I only saw him play a couple of times at the Goldstone when I was about 13 or so, but I thought he was poor.

To compound what i know about football, I believe he went on to have quite a career in the game.....

Yes he did, we sold him to Oxford Utd for something like £60k, even today their fans think that they robbed us...but if you want a laugh ask a Swansea fan what they think of Dean Saunders, they let him join us on a free, I don't think the word bitter does justice to the situation.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for Dale Jasper.

Inexplicably one of Barry Lloyd's favourites, who got picked week after week, despite showing little evidence of any talent.

Crap attitude too.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Does anyone remember how bad Ashley Neal was? Phil Neal's son and probably only ever played cause he wanted to be just like dad! Complete Rubbish!

Neal was my first slag off, the most bizzare thing was that someone actually disagreed with me and a small fight ensued within the North Stand. I cannot remember the game but oh my god he was awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here