Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the 1st Brighton player you slagged off

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I never slag off a Brighton player, but some have irritated me from time to time...the first one to achieve that was Les Berry, a bloke with a handlebar moustache that we signed from Charlton...come to think of it, it might have been when Mike Bailey was manager, which might have had something to do with it. He (Berry not Bailey) was supposed to be a left back but never tackled, he just did an impression of a crab trying to avoid going anywhere near the ball or player.

Les Berry...not on Mike Baileys watch.

I remember the crowd turning on Tony Grealish for a spell in the early 80's ( Mike Baileys era ) especially a home game with Tottenham, might of took Grealish off especially early to save him from further punishment !

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I try not to slag off players as I think it's counter-productive , but I have to admit to giving Danny Webb a mouthful on more than one occasion

1066gull

Henderson...after he kicked a goalkick straight in to the dugout...'f*** sake Wayne, the one reason we signed you was for your goal kicks'

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Probably Jeff Minton.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Robert Codner

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Gordon Smith

And Smith must score "f*** me dad i could have scored that and i am 10"

*CUE clip around head from my dad for swearing followed by a 2 hour trip home slagging him off

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Joel Lynch

Away at Coventry 2 seasons ago, got skinned by Dennis Wise.

Shouted out that he should "f*** off back to the reserves where he belongs"

I wasn't the only one though

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
One of either:

Martin Chivers, who seemed to have given up the ghost whenever I saw him (tho admittedly only saw him a couple of times).
Graham Fell'over'
Teddy Maybank - Chelsea reject
Seem to remember Poskett came in for some stick too

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I never slag off a Brighton player, but some have irritated me from time to time...the first one to achieve that was Les Berry, a bloke with a handlebar moustache that we signed from Charlton...come to think of it, it might have been when Mike Bailey was manager, which might have had something to do with it. He (Berry not Bailey) was supposed to be a left back but never tackled, he just did an impression of a crab trying to avoid going anywhere near the ball or player.

Les Berry did have a 'tache, but he was post Mike Bailey.

The equivalent player in the Mike Bailey era was Don Shanks; also a full back who ALSO had a 'tache!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Probably Mick Ferguson for me too.

I have slagged Teddy Maybank off too, but only playing alongside him for Corals FC in the Sussex Sunday League!

His brother, Martin isn't all that big, so the poster above was probably being had!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here