Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is leaving

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
OMG ... Tiny and slow Painter used as a centre-half!!!! Up against Kevin Davies, or Steve Fletcher, or Kevin Phillips, or Glenn Murray, etc. Incredible.
Painter isn't tiny?

Pace doesn't matter as much at centreback as fullback, obviously, and he's a decent reader of the game. You seem easily amazed. :shrug:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I still think there's more to come from Harley. You don't need to see everyone flying in for tackles. Do the anti-Harley mob also expect Vicente to be flying in when he loses the ball? With JFC on loan Harley is the natural replacement for Vicente.

If it were a choice I'd keep Sparrow ahead of Dicker, but only see that happening if we get another center midfielder in. No idea about Bergkamp as not seen him play. Gus obviously doesn't rate him though and rumours are he doesn't cut it in training. I reckon Hoskins will go at some point, just a hunch.

Apart from that, can't see much happening unless we go bonkers in the market, which we won't.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still think there's more to come from Harley. You don't need to see everyone flying in for tackles. Do the anti-Harley mob also expect Vicente to be flying in when he loses the ball? With JFC on loan Harley is the natural replacement for Vicente.

If it were a choice I'd keep Sparrow ahead of Dicker, but only see that happening if we get another center midfielder in. No idea about Bergkamp as not seen him play. Gus obviously doesn't rate him though and rumours are he doesn't cut it in training. I reckon Hoskins will go at some point, just a hunch.

Apart from that, can't see much happening unless we go bonkers in the market, which we won't.

Spot on about Sparrow over Dicker. Just needs to not lunge in the tackle.

Departures - it's not all about transfer fees in. Brez and Ank aren't both going to want to be idle, so it would be great to release some payroll costs by selling for nil: Dicker, Painter, Elphick & Ank.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5021869 said:
Where did you hear this? (The training by himself bit, not the being shit bit :eek:)

He did for a couple of months after Newcastle! Purely because I saw when at Sussex Uni and one of the youth coaches was telling me (I didn't know him at all)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here