Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is going to Olympic Park at some point for some event or other?

Are you going to the Olympic park

• Yes, got tix for Olympic event(s) based in the park

Votes: 70 68.6%
  • Yes, but only for the Paralympics. Couldn't get/didn't want tix for the Olympic Games

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Yes, but not for the any of the games

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No, can't be arsed.

Votes: 23 22.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't find the price of the champers, but...

Bottled water – £1.60
Fairtrade Tea from £2.00
Fairtrade Coffee from £2.60
500ml bottle of Coca Cola – £2.30
330ml bottle of Heineken – £4.20
London 2012 red wine 18.7cl – £4.80

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some of the food...

Porridge and maple syrup, made with UK oats and milk – £2.20
Toasted tea cakes, with Yorkshire butter – £2.10
Carrot and cucumber sticks with red pesto hummus – £2.50
6 Jerk Red Tractor assured chicken wings – £3.50
Red Leicester British cheese with British apple chutney and Farm assured lettuce on Oxfordshire bread – £3.80
Jacket potato with Dingley Dell bacon and Freedom Foods chicken in a herb mayonnaise, served with roquete and watercress salad – £5.80
Pole and line caught tuna and sweet potato British salad – £5.90
Freshly carved Dingley Dell hog roasted Red Tractor pork, served in Oxfordshire cross hatched bread roll with mixed leaf salad and assorted accompaniments – £6.50
Grilled Red Tractor chicken burrito – £6.50
Penne pasta Red Tractor chicken and mushroom white sauce – £6.50
Thin crust stone baked 10” pizza with spicy pepperoni, spicy beef, basil and oregano – £7.50
Farm assured Scotch Beef with Long Clawson Stilton Pie, Irish mashed potato with Red Tractor Cream and British butter and onion gravy – £8.00
Cod and chips – from £8
Singapore noodle, stir fried egg noodle, chicken, prawns, char sui Pork, chilli and shredded peppers in a hoi sin dressing – £8.50
Lamb Rogan Josh served with Pilaf or Saffron rice – £8.50

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Olympic Stadium on 11th August for the last night of the Athletics for me. Hopefully see a UK Gold medal with Mo Farah and Usain Bolt in 4 X 100 relay.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some of the food...

Red Leicester British cheese with British apple chutney and Farm assured lettuce on Oxfordshire bread – £3.80
Jacket potato with Dingley Dell bacon and Freedom Foods chicken in a herb mayonnaise, served with roquete and watercress salad – £5.80
Freshly carved Dingley Dell hog roasted Red Tractor pork, served in Oxfordshire cross hatched bread roll with mixed leaf salad and assorted accompaniments – £6.50
Thin crust stone baked 10” pizza with spicy pepperoni, spicy beef, basil and oregano – £7.50
Farm assured Scotch Beef with Long Clawson Stilton Pie, Irish mashed potato with Red Tractor Cream and British butter and onion gravy – £8.00
Singapore noodle, stir fried egg noodle, chicken, prawns, char sui Pork, chilli and shredded peppers in a hoi sin dressing – £8.50
:drool:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some of the food...

Porridge and maple syrup, made with UK oats and milk – £2.20
Toasted tea cakes, with Yorkshire butter – £2.10
Carrot and cucumber sticks with red pesto hummus – £2.50
6 Jerk Red Tractor assured chicken wings – £3.50
Cod and chips – from £8

All pretty fair, to be honest.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Basketball for the whole family on Sunday (and as luck would have it to see the USA) plus track and field for my wife and I on 10th.

I cannot wait - my kids are excited, I'm excited. I have been a fervent supporter of the games right from when we were deciding whether to bid for it. I registered as an ambassador when the bid was launched and remember jumping out of the sofa when we were awared the games (took a day off to see it).

Missed out on daytime athletics and gave up my wembley football qf tickets for resale (clashed with Chelsea game). I'm getting paralympic tickets so that my kids can get into the stadium as well.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Off to the Olympic stadium next Saturday evening to see:-

Women's 10,000m Victory Ceremony
Men's 400m Hurdles Semifinals
Men's Shot Put Victory Ceremony
Women's Discus Throw Final
Women's 100m Semifinals
Men's Long Jump Final
Women's 400m Semifinals
Women's Heptathlon 800m
Men's 20km Walk Victory Ceremony
Men's 10,000m Final
Women's Discus Throw Victory Ceremony
Women's 100m Final
Women's Heptathlon Victory Ceremony

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Hockey on Monday night, GB men's first game, v Argentina, plus Germany v Belgium.

Was there last night collecting tickets - 2 hours of queuing from 6 to 8 - looks pretty impressive, now can't wait to actually get inside and see the whole park properly for a couple of hours before the Hockey starts at 7.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Athletics, 7th August evening for me.

Getting very excited about the Olympics now

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Paid for tickets to the handball on Sunday 12th but was lucky enough to be given a ticket from work for the Athletics on Monday 6th a few days ago.
I really wanted to go into the Olympic Stadium so am chuffed that I got given a ticket :)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
You want be disappointed, all the stadiums are great. Just bear in mind if you are watching the hockey, you will get wet if it rains! Loads of food outlets, not too badly priced. Bozza, I think champers is £16 a throw in the Champagne & Seafood Bar.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
No Olympic park for me - just Horseguards tomorrow for the beach volleyball

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Tickets for the athletics on 6th Aug and boxing on 7th! Can't wait!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here