Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is going down? Fulham? Newcastle? BHA? - New poll - post Southampton win

Who is going down with WBA & Sheffield Utd?

• Fulham

Votes: 71 26.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 177 64.8%
  • BHA

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • a n other

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
After playing us, Newcastle have a run of:

Spurs H
Burnley A
West Ham H
Liverpool A
Arsenal H
Leicester A
Man City A

Think they could be down before they get to their last two of Sheff Utd & Fulham

If we had that run in i'd fancy us to only get maybe 1 or 2 points before getting to the Sheff game. So Newcastle will hopefully be similar. If we can beat Newcastle then it makes things very difficult for them.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
This week I mainly be voting for Fulham !

Difficult fixture set and less points and games to play.

If we lose to Newcastle I shall mainly be voting for us.:facepalm:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Fixtures:
Remaining fixtures.jpg

Table:
Table.jpg

I think Southampton have got enough of a gap, with the fixtures they have remaining, to not get sucked in. Too many teams beneath have to go on a good run for them to be in any serious danger and they have enough games against out of form teams to come.

It's a similar story for Burnley and they are in better form - they should finish above Stains (Dyche has been here before)

We have 3 tough games after Newcastle, but I am hopeful of 3 points against the toon. Everton seem to be stumbling a bit and we're owed a result against Man U. 5 of our last 6 are winnable IMO. In fact, it's only Man C & Chelsea that I can't see much of a chance of a point.

Newcastle - 3 points from their next 8 games I reckon (3 nil-nils vs Spurs, Burnley & West Ham). They are IN THE SH|T

Fulham - some good chances for points in that list of fixtures. Leeds, VIlla & Wolves are all hit & miss. Having Stains & Newcastle in their last 3 will give them hope to the end.

Prepare for pictures of shirtless, chubby Geordies blubbing in the afternoon sunshine on the 23rd of May

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
After playing us, Newcastle have a run of:

Spurs H
Burnley A
West Ham H
Liverpool A
Arsenal H
Leicester A
Man City A

Think they could be down before they get to their last two of Sheff Utd & Fulham

Precisely why despite what the doom mongers may say. Newcastle is “must not lose” rather than “must win”.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Precisely why despite what the doom mongers may say. Newcastle is “must not lose” rather than “must win”.

True, but a home win puts Newcastle heavily odds on to go down. Their returning injured players are decent at this level, but not good enough top get them many points from that run

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
True, but a home win puts Newcastle heavily odds on to go down. Their returning injured players are decent at this level, but not good enough top get them many points from that run

Yup. Given their run in I am sure Newcastle will be looking at this as a 'must win' as they won't have many better opportunities after this to get 3 points. So whilst for us this might ordinarily have been a 'must not lose' fixture, actually, ensuring Newcastle come away with zero points is possibly more important - meaning it now becomes a 'must win.'

:mad: Does that make any sense whatsoever?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Yup. Given their run in I am sure Newcastle will be looking at this as a 'must win' as they won't have many better opportunities after this to get 3 points. So whilst for us this might ordinarily have been a 'must not lose' fixture, actually, ensuring Newcastle come away with zero points is possibly more important - meaning it now becomes a 'must win.'

:mad: Does that make any sense whatsoever?

If Fulham win on Friday night at home to Leeds , which I hope they don't, it will put Newcastle in the bottom three for the first time this season. I should imagine this will act as a huge incentive to them to beat us - therefore come on Leeds !!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Fulham win on Friday night at home to Leeds , which I hope they don't, it will put Newcastle in the bottom three for the first time this season. I should imagine this will act as a huge incentive to them to beat us - therefore come on Leeds !!!!
We are all "Leeds through and through" on Friday night.

Yet another Fulham win doesn't bear thinking about.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We are all "Leeds through and through" on Friday night.

Yet another Fulham win doesn't bear thinking about.

Fulham have flattered to decieve. They have really not won that many games, we have more wins in the season,and since the turn of the year. We have also taken more points than them in the last 10 games.

They have beaten Sheffield United, Everton ,and Liverpool since the end of November, that's it.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Christ, our run in looks tough.

I'm quite optimistic.

Newcastle - they are weaker than when we played them before (OK, so we've got players out too, but I think we'll be OK here)
Man U - they are scarier away than at home. We more than held our own in the reverse fixture. We are better away. We owe them. The football gods owe us.
Everton - they have struggled at home & are a bit hit & miss at the moment. Could easily get a result.
Chelsea - VERY solid at the back under Tuchel, but a 0-0 is feasible.
Sheff Utd - could be down by then and are seemingly even worse without Wilder.
Leeds - we've shown we can beat them, so might as well do the double? #3BenWhite
Wolves - we always do well against them, they'll have nothing to play for & likely to have Patricio out still, as well as Jimenez.
West Ham - we often do well against them
Man City - likely to be champions already. Only 1-0 last time out, Pep loves Potter... easy 3 points? ??? :blush:
Arsenal - likely to have nothing to play for, so if we still do... didn't we do the double over them last season anyway?

Obviously, we'll do it the Brighton way, so wheel loose and all that, but I genuinely think the Chelsea & Man City games are the only ones looking very difficult

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm quite optimistic.

Newcastle - they are weaker than when we played them before (OK, so we've got players out too, but I think we'll be OK here)
Man U - they are scarier away than at home. We more than held our own in the reverse fixture. We are better away. We owe them. The football gods owe us.
Everton - they have struggled at home & are a bit hit & miss at the moment. Could easily get a result.
Leeds - we've shown we can beat them, so might as well do the double? #3BenWhite
Wolves - we always do well against them, they'll have nothing to play for & likely to have Patricio out still, as well as Jimenez.
Man City - likely to be champions already. Only 1-0 last time out, Pep loves Potter... easy 3 points? ??? :blush:
Arsenal - likely to have nothing to play for, so if we still do... didn't we do the double over them last season anyway?

Obviously, we'll do it the Brighton way, so wheel loose and all that, but I genuinely think the Chelsea & Man City games are the only ones looking very difficult

I don't disagree with you and I am optimistic, but when you looked at the fixture list at the start of the season - and again just now in that post - it does strike you that it's a pretty tough finish. I recll back in the Summer I was thinking "we'll need tohave this wrapped up before the last handful of fixtures to be definitely safe" - and I fully expected us to do so. Less convinced that we will now, we'll go deeper into the season before being safe, but still convinced that we will stay up.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can't see how the Geordies are going to escape with their run in

Even last 2, Sheff Utd will be down and playing with no pressure, and I fancy Fulham to beat them if needed at the end

Despite my affiliation, I'd prefer BHA to stay up, meaning a couple of proper derbies next year. No point having a rivalry if you dont play each other

Is the correct answer, especially because you will:
-- definitely have a substantially revised (or, if not, ridiculously ageing) squad
-- probably have a new manager ...
-- ... who will have to convey a completely new way of playing, which will nullify one of your very key strengths (alongside the ageing, but at present still brilliant Cahill, and a potentially disinterested, sulky Zaha), which is the meticulous way your current manager has organised and drilled your team to eke out the maximum from your squad/first team -- it ain't pretty, but it is effective

Put all that together, if we stay up this year, we might even finish above you next season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm quite optimistic.

Apart from Man City, Chelsea, Sheff Utd and Wolves, we've beaten them all in the Premier League. Plenty of opportunity to pick up 3 more wins and that'll do it for this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here