Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is going down? Fulham? Newcastle? BHA? - New poll - post Southampton win

Who is going down with WBA & Sheffield Utd?

• Fulham

Votes: 71 26.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 177 64.8%
  • BHA

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • a n other

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Vital win today. Newcastle is pivotal they are exactly the sort of team we struggle with at home. Ultra defensive will come for a point but if we can continue to look as threatening in attack as we did today we can beat them and at the very least drag Burnley and Saints into it and at best put some space between us and the bottom three.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's just concentrate on ourselves beat toon next week and get another 3 points on the board. Need to carry on from today, a loss next week and things won't look so good

I'm just going to enjoy the rest of my day, if it's all the same to you :wink: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting:

Oddschecker have:

Newcastle 11/10
Fulham 6/4
Burnley 16/1
BHA 17/1

........ for relegation

Now I wish I'd waited a day before piling on, yesterday, at 9/2 :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Vital win today. Newcastle is pivotal they are exactly the sort of team we struggle with at home. Ultra defensive will come for a point but if we can continue to look as threatening in attack as we did today we can beat them and at the very least drag Burnley and Saints into it and at best put some space between us and the bottom three.

I’d be bricking it if I were a Geordie.

Not about their prospects at the Amex (as I believe they will set-up for and achieve a draw).
But rather their fixtures in April & May. They are so so tough. Only their last two seem possibly winnable on current form but they might already be down by then. We certainly need a 6+ point lead on them by May 15th though.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’d be bricking it if I were a Geordie.

Not about their prospects at the Amex (as I believe they will set-up for and achieve a draw).
But rather their fixtures in April & May. They are so so tough. Only their last two seem possibly winnable on current form but they might already be down by then. We certainly need a 6+ point lead on them by May 15th though.

I’d much prefer going to the Amex for the Man City game knowing we couldn’t get relegated and I could enjoy my day out.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
After the international break Newcastle are likely to have Almiron, Saint-Maximan and Callum Wilson back in their line-up.
With those three in their side they suddenly have a goal scoring threat.

If those 3 had been that good, they wouldn’t be below us.

Since they’ve been out you could say their results have picked up a bit.
Their form up until the last 3 games had been truly dreadful.

A370BE39-F747-484D-A35D-0D7A2BDE0BB3.png

FC3E4CA3-1AB2-4274-9CF7-CD79F4DD71F1.jpeg

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still think it could come down to the last game, with Fulham at home to Newcastle. Where a Fulham win just hauls them over the Geordies to safety.

Saints are falling so fast it's incredible. They probably just got one crucial win in before this shocking decline started, because if they were on 30 pts rather than 33 now, they'd be in real trouble.

They might be able to survive with just a win and maybe a draw or two, can’t see them getting much more. They are shite.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Long way to go and hoping they both lose every game. Newcastle’s fixtures look tough - us and Burnley then no kinder games on paper til their last 2. Next day could be more important for them to win than us. Think it’ll be a draw which I’d be ok with.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting on motd they said saints were virtually safe at kick off......I wouldn't be so sure still a couple of losses for anyone could drag them and Burnley back in it. Unlikely maybe but saints didn't look so good today

They also pointed out Saints play Burnley, West Brom and Palace in their next 3 games.
Palace will be giving away points once they're safe, just like last year and I suspect they will be good enough to beat West Brom.

Can't see them being anywhere near trouble after those 3 games.

It's all set up for the next game, right. We could deliver a knock-out blow or put ourselves right in the shite - and anyone who says they know for sure which of those will happen given our season, is 'aving a laugh

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Fulham look the weakest at the back. I think that'll send them down in the end.

Stumpy Tim

I would not like this set of fixtures if I was a Geordie. The only teams with nothing to play for are Arsenal and probably Sheff Utd. The rest are going to be needing points

Brighton and Hove Albion v Newcastle United
Newcastle United v Tottenham
Burnley v Newcastle United
Newcastle United v West Ham United
Liverpool v Newcastle United
Newcastle United v Arsenal
Leicester City v Newcastle United
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Newcastle United v Sheffield United
Fulham v Newcastle United

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
This is my guesstimate I have probably be a bit optimistic for Fulham and Geordies and pessimistic for the Albion. With that taken into account we may still scrape through

Date Fixture Points

19/3 Fulham v Leeds 1
3/4 Aston V v Fulham 3
10/4 Fulham v Wolves 1
17/4 Arsenal v Fulham 0
1/5 Chelsea v Fulham 0
8/5 Fulham v Burnley 1
12/5 Southampton v Fulham 3
15/5 Man U v Fulham 1
23/5 Fulham v Newcastle 3
Points Total 13 = 39

20/3 BHA v Newcastle 1
3/4 Man Utd v BHA 0
10/4 BHA v Everton 1
17/4 Chelsea v BHA 0
24/4 Sheffield Utd v BHA 3
1/5 BHA v Leeds 1
8/5 Wolves v BHA 1
11/5 BHA v W Ham 1
15/5 BHA v Man C 0
23/5 Arsenal v BHA 0
8 = 37

20/3 BHA v Newcastle 1
3/4 Newcastle v Tottenham 0
10/4 Burnley v Newcastle 1
17/4 Newcastle v W Ham 1
24/4 Liverpool v Newcastle 0
1/5 Newcastle v Arsenal 1
8/5 Leicester v Newcastle 0
12/5 Newcastle v Man C 0
15/5 Newcastle v Sheffield U 3
23/5 Fulham v Newcastle 1
8 = 36

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I would not like this set of fixtures if I was a Geordie. The only teams with nothing to play for are Arsenal and probably Sheff Utd. The rest are going to be needing points

Arsenal are now only 4 points behind Spurs.
They will be fighting very hard for every point to get them to St. Totteringham Day, the much celebrated day when they confirm they once again finish above Spuds.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This is my guesstimate I have probably be a bit optimistic for Fulham and Geordies and pessimistic for the Albion. With that taken into account we may still scrape through

Date Fixture Points

19/3 Fulham v Leeds 1
3/4 Aston V v Fulham 3
10/4 Fulham v Wolves 1
17/4 Arsenal v Fulham 0
1/5 Chelsea v Fulham 0
8/5 Fulham v Burnley 1
12/5 Southampton v Fulham 3
15/5 Man U v Fulham 1
23/5 Fulham v Newcastle 3
Points Total 13 = 39

20/3 BHA v Newcastle 1
3/4 Man Utd v BHA 0
10/4 BHA v Everton 1
17/4 Chelsea v BHA 0
24/4 Sheffield Utd v BHA 3
1/5 BHA v Leeds 1
8/5 Wolves v BHA 1
11/5 BHA v W Ham 1
15/5 BHA v Man C 0
23/5 Arsenal v BHA 0
8 = 37

20/3 BHA v Newcastle 1
3/4 Newcastle v Tottenham 0
10/4 Burnley v Newcastle 1
17/4 Newcastle v W Ham 1
24/4 Liverpool v Newcastle 0
1/5 Newcastle v Arsenal 1
8/5 Leicester v Newcastle 0
12/5 Newcastle v Man C 0
15/5 Newcastle v Sheffield U 3
23/5 Fulham v Newcastle 1
8 = 36

You've predicated two different results for the Newcastle fulham game. Apart from that it's difficult to really disagree with your prediction for us, although I fancy us to continue nearer our point per game overall form.

I think our survival depends on us scraping points and Fulham's form slowing. Fulham's next 4 fixtures are huge for us as I can't see many points for us in the same block of fixtures. Newcastle will continue to look awful but spoon 2 wins and 3 draws or the equivalent points....hopefully not at our expense on Saturday.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brighton are going down, I read it on NSC...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Newcastle's fixtures dont look good for them. They'll be looking at the game with us as must win now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here