Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Getting more concerned now what are squad are thinking about state of affairs.
If they get a postal vote sent through.
1 GP/SC stability and consolidation?
2 Chaos manager with chosen consideration from TB/PB next step on from RDZ?
What will they do ?
I'm not worried, think we have a great squad that will stick with it next season whatever.
UTA

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Could we appoint a Top Six clubs assistant? Peter Krawietz left Liverpool along with Klopp. I know absolutely nothing about him, just a random thought for a left field appointment, and it might be very Brighton :shrug:

Being German he may want to go with Gross as his player assistant and hopefully he would be much less volatile and careless in Press comments, which might please TB

Sorry, just thinking aloud and hoping it’s not Cooper or Southgate or Rosenior or Potter for the divide in fan support…

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
My wild speculation and assuming an appointment might be linked to other leagues still playing.

Vincenzo Italiano - manager of Fiorentina. He has had them performing in the top 10 in Serie A. Has been in post for 4 years, they play their last game tonight, and he is then leaving. Two euro finals and domestic cup finalists in 2023 (lost them all!).

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I’m stuck on 2 fronts - who I think we will get as well as who I want us to get.

No names I’ve seen so far tick either box

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Vincenzo Italiano - manager of Fiorentina. He has had them performing in the top 10 in Serie A. Has been in post for 4 years, they play their last game tonight, and he is then leaving. Two euro finals and domestic cup finalists in 2023 (lost them all!).

Romano said he was the main target for Bologna (to replace Motta). Apparently they'd been waiting until the Conference League final was done to progress.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
My wild speculation and assuming an appointment might be linked to other leagues still playing.

Perfect for us then, aligns well with Albion at Wembley. Played 5, drawn 1 lost 4 won 0

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I've completely lost interest, this is far worse than all of the transfer shite.

Just get beautiful Steve in and be done with it

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I've completely lost interest, this is far worse than all of the transfer shite.

Just get beautiful Steve in and be done with it

It is considerably worse than the transfer shite as so much as at stake. Get this wrong and we could be going down. Get this right and we could finish top 6 again.

Steve Cooper would be a disastrous appointment and I fear he'd put us at serious risk of relegation.

Graham Potter is the man we need. There is absolutely no risk of relegation from this safe pair of hands. If we start off well, he could well see us back in the top 6.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
It is considerably worse than the transfer shite as so much as at stake. Get this wrong and we could be going down. Get this right and we could finish top 6 again.

Steve Cooper would be a disastrous appointment and I fear he'd put us at serious risk of relegation.

Graham Potter is the man we need. There is absolutely no risk of relegation from this safe pair of hands. If we start off well, he could well see us back in the top 6.
Neither Potter or Cooper will be on our shortlist.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

I know it’ll come as a surprise to you but there are other fish in the sea and TB is not fishing in the same pond that you seem to be

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014

xGraham would be a disastrous appointment, it's been done to death but he's not coming back.

FWIW I don't particularly rate Cooper but he wouldn't take us down. We have a strong squad that will be strengthened.

My point was more to do with the fact that the endless speculation and whining about managers/players coming or going is so dull

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
xGraham would be a disastrous appointment, it's been done to death but he's not coming back.

FWIW I don't particularly rate Cooper but he wouldn't take us down. We have a strong squad that will be strengthened.

My point was more to do with the fact that the endless speculation and whining about managers/players coming or going is so dull
Then don’t take part in it! 😂

We all want a new manager asap. But it’s a bit like those insecure people who always have to have a partner. The longer they are single, the less picky they get.

What’s important is that we get it right. And also, we should be thanking TB/PB for dropping the leak into the Argus about Cooper not being under consideration. Very helpful.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Then don’t take part in it! 😂

We all want a new manager asap. But it’s a bit like those insecure people who always have to have a partner. The longer they are single, the less picky they get.

What’s important is that we get it right. And also, we should be thanking TB/PB for dropping the leak into the Argus about Cooper not being under consideration. Very helpful.

I think we have good players and think it's very unlikely we'd go down even if the manager we get in isn't the most glamorous/exciting!

I hope it's okay to have this opinion and still think the whining and constant rehashing of arguments about who we get in is a bit ridiculous...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After weighing up all the relevant nonsense and betting markets it's quite clear the bookies think it's Potter, there's a argument for him to now be evens to take the job but I can't believe Bloom would have him back and that's why I've had a flutter on Ruben Amorim @16s.
He just ticks a lot of boxes for me and I'd be amazed if we'd not made contact with him at the very least.
He even has a plan B when it's going tits up,he just seems very much like the sort of manager Bloom would go for based on data and performance stats and most importantly getting the best out of his players.
If you watch how his team likes to play it's very similar to RDZ with ball playing CBs high possession and quick incisive passes breaking the lines,things change a bit up front but if there's a sniff of taking a shot on goal then it happens,Amorims style would be easily picked up by the players.
Come on Tony get this chap in and I'll buy you a bag of KP dry roasted and a Pint 👍

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Which leagues are yet to finish ?

Could the reason for the delay in announcing our new boss be because the team he currently manages season hasn’t finished yet or has only just finished?

Last edited:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Romano said he was the main target for Bologna (to replace Motta). Apparently they'd been waiting until the Conference League final was done to progress.
Rumours online that Bologna are trying to get the Lazio manager who has fallen out with club officials over the failure to renew a contract for Kamada, whose rumoured to be joining them lot up the road.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex

Why would cooper be disastrous, no other bugger is begging to come here?And as for potter that would be a joke and a treacherous decision. Go back begging to a Judas would be a backwards appointment after his history snipes etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here