Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Just let the Starlizard Algorithm pick the team and tactics?

With some AI generated Max Headroom talking head, to do the usual banal press conferences?

I'm IN.
Team Talk
"Right Lads put on your VR Headsets and listen to Al Gorithm"

Last edited:

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Has anyone found where he’s said that there’s teams interested in him? Had a little gander and can’t see anything.

I have however asked Bet365 to price him up so I can put a tenner on him. I look forward to him being the favourite by the end of the week.

This is all I could find, but I think this means interest in the past (and not present)...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought we had planned who our next manager would be , what’s the hold up , so much for planning ahead
Albion will have a target and priority list of identified names. They will work through that. It appears that the first name was not available to them. They will move on to the next.

There is no hold up. It's the way it works. Unfortunately all this hasn't come at a great time, excepting it's the end of the season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

JollyRedGiant

Apr 22, 2024
All of this.

More so, it completely changes the financial idea of the club. £19.8m in League One (all staff - latest accounts). Word is that McKenna will be earning above £5m per season. Even if their current wage bill doubled, one man taking an eighth of it is slightly mad. At the same time, Brentford spent £68m in their first Premier League season from £41m in the Championship. Ipswich have a remarkable amount of money to spend to catch up with the rest of the league.

We've heard a lot about the level of control McKenna has at Ipswich, maybe his remarkable spike in income is also a sign that Ipswich aren't going to do a Luton and are going to go for broke to survive this season. In that sense, the gamble is all round - relegation will cost them so they're going to try and spend their way on to an even playing field to give them the best shot of avoiding it.

If that is the case, there is some irony in us seemingly having one clear option to replace De Zerbi, and him deciding that he'd rather stay in the type of system that RDZ was angling for than adhere to ours. We look naïve at best.
McKenna is an excellent coach - I think he is better than Kompany (and I think Kompany has a bright future). What he has done at Ipswich is nothing short of remarkable. The money that McKenna had available meant that he had to use limited resources in the most effective way possible to achieve the double promotion.

Now - it is a massive struggle for Ipswich to stay up. The gulf between the PL and the Championship is massive and growing. We are going to see an increasing tendency for the three promoted clubs to go straight back down.

Ipswich probably have the best chance of survival - not because they will bridge the gap - but because Leicester, Everton and Forest could all start the season with a points deduction. I expect Southampton to get rooted to the bottom very quickly. Martin doesn't know how to organise a defence and doesn't care about defending - Southampton will be torn apart by PL attackers.

I suspect that part of the approach by Ipswich in giving McKenna a big contract is that they can also demand a major compensation fee if (and I expect when) McKenna gets poached.

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Raffaelle Palladino (MONZA) philosophy does seem on first look, not to far from where we have had success in the last 2 seasons. And his style would not be alien to our current squad.
A RDZ series 2, but a bit more pragmatic, and quicker.
1.4 goals , 0.9 concede.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Half expecting barbs to go full circle and call in the Fans Forum.

“You want a f***ing say?, go on then get us top ten and cup run”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here