Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Actually... I'm going to put a brave face on it, ahem, and say that of the two (and I'm not sure that either is actually going to transpire) that I'd go for hangin' with Mr Cooper.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The fact that Barber knew him from his Spurs time (and got him work in Vancouver) suggests that there must have been some kind of informal chat prior to RDZ leaving, giving the club the idea that it would be a formality. Plus, Alex Crook tweeted out immediately after the RDZ announcement to expect things to move quickly with McKenna. Barber has really got this one wrong - either McKenna was never really that interested or he was, but didn't like what he heard when they met to discuss the role?
Or....perhaps we did have a chat with McKenna and the club decided he’s not a good fit?

Or.....maybe it’s just all rumors and we didn’t make an offer? ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am beginning to think that it might be anyone by default, it certainly seems that one of our options is off the table, O'Keefe.
Brighton not the option they were 2 year ago it seems after selling our best players and a 14 point reverse season on season. Cooper is probably the best option left of the very poor list of contenders although I would take a punt with Rosenior now

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Brighton not the option they were 2 year ago it seems after selling our best players and a 14 point reverse season on season. Cooper is probably the best option left of the very poor list of contenders although I would take a punt with Rosenior now
There’s lowering your sights and there’s sticking a gun to your head

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Add another one and we play f***, marry, kill

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
If the Jeff Swelling comment is accurate, I can't help feel that McKenna had given us a pretty clear (but informal) indication he'd come. I wonder if all the bluster around Chelsea and United made him reconsider everything about his next step (whilst bagging himself a massive pay rise).

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Aside from the 'big six' clubs, who can command what they like, every club in the PL this season - aside from Villa with Emery and Burnley with Kompany - recruited their current manager as a free agent.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Why do people pick random options to contrast against each other? There are plenty of candidates out there other than these two (see a million other threads for confirmation). In true Albion style it will probably be someone no one has mentioned yet.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There’s lowering your sights and there’s sticking a gun to your head
I am not sure many top managers will work with the model of find kids from south america, sign cheap and sell far a large profit if they turn good. Great model for the club and worked well so far no so much for any ambitious manager with an aspiration to finish above 10th

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
He feels much the same about you...

images
Northstanding...Ive just shown the Mrs this post and she spat her coffee over the poor dog. I promised her Rydstrom in his snug fitting boxers next season and now im having to tell her it could be Steve Ogrizovic's love child.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here