Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

would like that a lot

“Conceição’s approach is very possession-heavy as he likes his team to recycle the ball in defence before giving it to one of his midfielders or one of the centre-backs dribbling the ball into midfield. And while this is true in most of his games, especially in the Liga Portugal, he doesn’t mind having less of the ball, stating, “We had 40%-60% possession of the ball, which is not a scandal. I didn’t mind having 30%-70% and winning too. It all depends on what you do with the ball within the strategy defined to score goals.”

But to continue upon his principle of recycling possession, it’s one of the reasons you can see a forward sitting very deep, the ball can go through the forward into the attack. As Porto progress possession, their players don’t necessarily have ‘positions’, at least not in the way you might be used to seeing”

https://breakingthelines.com/tactical-analysis/analysing-sergio-conceicaos-porto/#:~:text=Concei%C3%A7%C3%A3o's%20approach%20is%20very%20possession,dribbling%20the%20ball%20into%20midfield.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Marseille trying to sign him.....

Know your place, Froggies!

mars.png

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd take Ten Haag if ManUre sack him... sorry, if they come to a mutually happy agreement.
He was at Man Utd 2 seasons and I still have no idea what his tactics, style, philosophy or plan is.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone but Potthead.
Come on.

Insult him if you wish but to call one of the least likely people in the UK to smoke cannabis a ‘pot head’ is as daft as suggesting his Brighton teams were shot shy.

Let’s have a bit more humour and thought put into this abuse please.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who’s Pimienta for those who know about European football more than myself, style etc…..
No idea - looks like he was around Barcelona B and Youth teams for a bit, recently managed Las Palmas and just left them

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Who’s Pimienta for those who know about European football more than myself, style etc…..
He’s spent a lot of time at La Masia developing Barça’s youth and B team.

His play is a lot like you would expect.
They have a lot of possession, a lot of (sideway) passing, they exploit width and its vertical tica taka.

This is a good article to read…

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

They have a lot of possession, a lot of (sideway) passing, they exploit width and its vertical tica taka.

Excellent, thank you

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I hadn’t heard of Glasner or Iraola before they joined the PL this season so I’m hoping we unearth someone like that to similar effect!

Bearing in mind how much we crave value I think it less likely we’re keen to prise someone away who would cost us a lot of compo

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

But uninspiring. Las Palmas been pretty rubbish this season and he has fallen out with key players.

Seville are interested in him. But theyve been pretty awful this season.

On the plus side he's worked with most of barcas superstars, just can't believe he would have been one of our top choices.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Love the quote from the local Seville rag.

The arrival of this coach is an open secret and has not excited Sevilla fans much.

Says it all really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here