Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Do You Want if Adams Goes?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wasn't talking about it from the board's point of view, just from Ince's. I agree that they should aim high, subject to the available funds, and I'm sure they will when it comes to it.

However, Ince will be aiming much higher than us both in terms of salary and league status. He will have had a good pay-off from Blackburn so can probably afford to sit around and wait for a Championship club, at least, to come knocking.
This why I mentioned Macclesfield. That showed he was not driven by finance (I'm sure he is well off enough anyway), but wanted to be a manager, that's why I think it would not be totally beyond the realms of possibility that he might come here.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
This why I mentioned Macclesfield. That showed he was not driven by finance (I'm sure he is well off enough anyway), but wanted to be a manager, that's why I think it would not be totally beyond the realms of possibility that he might come here.

If he were coming to us straight from Macclesfield, I'd agree with you, but having subsequently got MK Dons promotion and then managed a Prem club, if I were in his position, I'd hope for a club much higher than Brighton.

He was sacked much too early by Blackburn and I can see him going somewhere like Norwich.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Lawrie Sanchez 5/2
Glenn Roeder 5/1
Alex Inglethorpe 6/1
Kevin Nugent 6/1
Andy Hessenthaler 7/1
John Still 9/1
Iain Dowie 10/1
Ian Holloway 11/1
Colin Calderwood 12/1
Geraint Williams 12/1
Steve Cotterill 14/1
Teddy Sheringham 14/1
Andy Scott 16/1
John Ward 16/1
Gary McAllister 18/1
Paul Ince 20/1
Richard Money 20/1
Liam Daish 25/1
Maurice Malpas 25/1
Steve Evans 28/1
Jimmy Quinn 28/1
Pat Holland 33/1
Jimmy Mullen 33/1
John Mackie 40/1

Richard Money would be a good choice...Walsall fans loved him....Anyone of those except Glen Roeder...the worst manager in the world!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sanchez HAS to be the most overrated manager in the world - i would genuinely rather have adams than him

steve cotterill, joe royle or paul jewell for me

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If he were coming to us straight from Macclesfield, I'd agree with you, but having subsequently got MK Dons promotion and then managed a Prem club, if I were in his position, I'd hope for a club much higher than Brighton.

He was sacked much too early by Blackburn and I can see him going somewhere like Norwich.
Maybe. Although if he doesn't go to Norwich that's a few Championship jobs been and gone since he got sacked. I use the Macclesfield example because it shows he wants to be in football. He went to a club no one expected him to to build his career. I think you could make a parallel with the Albion there.
I just think it's not an impossibility. Certainly more likely than Curbishley.

As it goes I don't think we're an unattractive job. We're struggling, but that is often better for a manager than taking over a club top of the table, we're underachieving. Work has begun on the new stadium. There might even be a little bit of money to spend despite the circumstances, there were rumours of £300-400k for Johnson. I don't know if the fee is true but Naylor's written stuff in The Argus that seems to confirm we wanted him and were ready to pay.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Where do those odds come from? Most of them are awful.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
This has been worrying me too. On paper I think we have one of the best squads in the league, certainly capable of challenging for a play-off position.

Not the old 'on paper' chestnut, if we have a decent team on paper, hand the team sheets in and adjourn to the pub.......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jean Tigana's Blue and White Army

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Richard Money would be a good choice...Walsall fans loved him....Anyone of those except Glen Roeder...the worst manager in the world!

Think we're looking there at a majority of managers out of work, why not try a decent assistant, like Terry Connor who is currently in work ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here