Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Do You Want if Adams Goes?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Best squad? lol

We have one of the worse midfield in this league.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Even if I wanted MA to go, and I don't, I wouldn't know who to choose.

There will be all sorts of suggestions but most people seem to think 'anyone but Adams', which is stupid.

Some of those who have managed at the higher levels are pie-in-the-sky because I think they would be too expensive. (I'd love to see Curbishley here, by the way, but there is as much chance of that as me being the next manager!)

Anyone else would be a gamble (which managerial appointment isn't?) Regardless of what has gone before, a new manager would still have the problem of operating on a very limited budget and quite a few loan signings. That is always going to be a gamble and even if we had a new manager this week I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is unable to improve things much - this season or next.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Even if I wanted MA to go, and I don't, I wouldn't know who to choose.

There will be all sorts of suggestions but most people seem to think 'anyone but Adams', which is stupid.

Some of those who have managed at the higher levels are pie-in-the-sky because I think they would be too expensive. (I'd love to see Curbishley here, by the way, but there is as much chance of that as me being the next manager!)

Anyone else would be a gamble (which managerial appointment isn't?) Regardless of what has gone before, a new manager would still have the problem of operating on a very limited budget and quite a few loan signings. That is always going to be a gamble and even if we had a new manager this week I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is unable to improve things much - this season or next.

Well said Knotty, I couldn't agree with you more.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Best squad? lol

At the start of the season I had high hopes of McLeod & livermore but they've been a let down so far, They're the sort of players we need a big second half of the season from if we are going to start pulling away from trouble.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Nicky Forster as player-Manager

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Best squad? lol

I'm not sure that's true. They may not be world beaters but we have some solid players who can 'do a job' if used correctly.

Anyway my dream candidate would be Paul Ince. I'm sure people will say that is unrealistic, however Macclefield fans might have thought the same once upon a time. His reputation has taken a fair hit at Blackburn and we could offer him the chance to get a foot back on the ladder and rebuild it. No harm in aiming high anyway.

Other choices would be Steve Cotteril, Alan Pardew (even though he's a ****), Gary Waddock, Terry Connor, Luigi De Canio.

Definitely don't want Boothroyd, the David Brent of long ball.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Where is the talent in midfield?

It was doing fairly ok until our "manager" decided that a bloke so crippled that he could barely walk would do a better job than an experienced and talented bloke making a very promising debut.

That decision - and the brainless grief Murray was given by some for, being a decent professional, obeying his boss' orders - really f***ed me off no end and was the final straw.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm not sure that's true. They may not be world beaters but we have some solid players who can 'do a job' if used correctly.

Anyway my dream candidate would be Paul Ince. I'm sure people will say that is unrealistic, however Macclefield fans might have thought the same once upon a time. His reputation has taken a fair hit at Blackburn and we could offer him the chance to get a foot back on the ladder and rebuild it. No harm in aiming high anyway.

Other choices would be Steve Cotteril, Alan Pardew (even though he's a ****), Gary Waddock, Terry Connor, Luigi De Canio.

Definitely don't want Boothroyd, the David Brent of long ball.

Ince isn't a bad choice actually, yes I would like that :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Nicky Forster as player-Manager

I would like to see him as player-coach if the post ever came up. He talks a good game and I think he would (with a bit of guidance) make a fantastic manager one day.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I think this thread shows how deluded some Brighton fans are about this club, its size and its status. Curbishley? Ince? You're having a giraffe. We're a small club, battling relegation into League 2, with small crowds, a rubbish temporary stadium, and we're in a dire financial situation. We were lucky to get the likes of McGee, Coppell and Taylor. And our delusional whinge brigade weren't happy with that either.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd like that too, but I can't think of one reason why he would want to come to Brighton.
Because he's an unemployed football manager who may want to be employed again. As I said there is no harm in aiming high, in making enquiries, all he can do is say no. I would hope our board are more ambitious rather than sitting around wringing their hands and thinking up reasons why he wouldn't come here.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Because he's an unemployed football manager who may want to be employed again. As I said there is no harm in aiming high, in making enquiries, all he can do is say no. I would hope our board are more ambitious rather than sitting around wringing their hands and thinking up reasons why he wouldn't come here.

I wasn't talking about it from the board's point of view, just from Ince's. I agree that they should aim high, subject to the available funds, and I'm sure they will when it comes to it.

However, Ince will be aiming much higher than us both in terms of salary and league status. He will have had a good pay-off from Blackburn so can probably afford to sit around and wait for a Championship club, at least, to come knocking.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It was doing fairly ok until our "manager" decided that a bloke so crippled that he could barely walk would do a better job than an experienced and talented bloke making a very promising debut.

That decision - and the brainless grief Murray was given by some for, being a decent professional, obeying his boss' orders - really f***ed me off no end and was the final straw.

1 league goal from midfield i think all season says it all from an Albion player.We do fairly ok in most games untill that first goal goes in.We hardly create any chances and it's just a matter of time before teams break us down.
Why do you think Adams plugged the midfield with a load of loans? It's because it's bloody awfull.Our strikers should have alot more goals by now but they simply don't get the service.Unless it's sorted then i cannot see us staying up.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Lawrie Sanchez 5/2
Glenn Roeder 5/1
Alex Inglethorpe 6/1
Kevin Nugent 6/1
Andy Hessenthaler 7/1
John Still 9/1
Iain Dowie 10/1
Ian Holloway 11/1