Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you think was to blame for the Germany goal?

Who do you think is responsible?

• Mainly John Terry

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • Mainly Scott Carson

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • About 50/50

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Helmes

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You clearly have more than a "little interest". You post in every England thread going, you're always one I encounter.

Who overrates them? Except morons who think we have a divine right to win things. I never overrated the last 8 years of England mediocrity. A number of times it was 'close, but not quite enough' and we probably haven't deserved to win anything in that time.

But with Capello on board (and some tactical and TECHNICAL nous being shown) I really think there is cause for cautious optimism, don't you?

Interested in the hype yes, interested in the national team not really.

I love international football, I've been to 3 major tournaments but I prefer not to bother with the England team at these events. The team and the supporters often disappoint me.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
In those situations I always like to imagine what Fozzie would have done, and I think that the man in the head-band would have tried to punt it over the East Terrace... So mostly John Terry's fault for pratting about.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Carson caused it with shit goalkeeping. Terry as the more experienced and better player should have dealt with it though. So 50/50 even though if it wasn't for Carson it wouldn't have happened.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Interested in the hype yes, interested in the national team not really.

I love international football, I've been to 3 major tournaments but I prefer not to bother with the England team at these events. The team and the supporters often disappoint me.

I understand that it's hard to get too involved with England, as you are only going to get hurt. Yet I go back every time. Can't help it.

I think Capello saw the friendly as a chance to give Agbon (win), Defoe (fail) and Bent (epic fail) a chance to prove themselves. He knows what Owen can do so didn't feel it was worth him even being in the squad.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Terry's body language suggested Carson had called it, and there is no excuse for being a professional goalkeeper being nutmegged,
Carson's fault for me.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Carson should have been in control, Terry had his back to the German player and Carson should have told him to welly the ball away or come out sooner to collect it. James would have acted sooner. The goalkeeper is SUPPOSED to be in charge of his box.

Is the correct answer :clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why no options for Kuipers , El Abd , Hawkins or Micky Adams ? :lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It looked like Terry made the initial mistake in misjudging the flight of the ball - then Carson was too intimidated (either by the occasion or Terry) to take charge.

In the absence of a level of control where he could have taken the ball to the wing - Terry should have cleared it.

But it only goes to show - these things happen at all levels of football.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
scott carson ... when he finally had the bollocks to make a decision and pick the ball up it went THROUGH his hands and THEN his legs.

thought we were good last night though, except for 2 things;

1 - singing the national anthem mid-match and then clapping after, normally something to do with that embarressing brass band. i really don't like the tacky travelling england fans.

2 - agbonlahor; has a face of a thicko, and i've heard him talk actually and maybe he is a thicko, and he didn't sing the national anthem - even SWP mumbled some words. big points for upson and james who sung proper loud, not long before capello makes the players belt it out Chile style.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
scott carson ... when he finally had the bollocks to make a decision and pick the ball up it went THROUGH his hands and THEN his legs.

thought we were good last night though, except for 2 things;

1 - singing the national anthem mid-match and then clapping after, normally something to do with that embarressing brass band. i really don't like the tacky travelling england fans.

2 - agbonlahor; has a face of a thicko, and i've heard him talk actually and maybe he is a thicko, and he didn't sing the national anthem - even SWP mumbled some words. big points for upson and james who sung proper loud, not long before capello makes the players belt it out Chile style.

Id love it if capello made them sing there hearts out :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Carson should have told Terry what to do (that is sort of the keepers job in that situation). The fact he just stood on the edge of his box like a lemon with no clue what to do caused the goal.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Terry has to take a large portion of the blame for me. Basic, basic rule of defense, if in doubt, f***ing BOOT IT!

Very sad to see most of the papers slaughtering Carson.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It depends if Carson called.. IMO I'd expect my keeper to come through and clean house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here