Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you think was to blame for the Germany goal?

Who do you think is responsible?

• Mainly John Terry

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • Mainly Scott Carson

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • About 50/50

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Helmes

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Terry 90%

Carson, if more committed, could have rescued the situation, so he can have 10%, but it WAS Terry's mistake.

Which to his credit, he accepted himself after the game, so I'm not sure why we're debating it..

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
bet he wouldn't have accepted the blame if he hadn't scored a goal and we drew!!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Terry should have got rid but Carson should have slide and taken them both out along with the ball and there would have been no goal. I'll go for a 70% Terry and 30% Carson.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Terry, he is captain and was the most experienced man on the field, carson was new to the game and Terry should have factored that in. Ball should have been booted into the stands.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Carson should have been in control, Terry had his back to the German player and Carson should have told him to welly the ball away or come out sooner to collect it. James would have acted sooner. The goalkeeper is SUPPOSED to be in charge of his box.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Carson should have been in control, Terry had his back to the German player and Carson should have told him to welly the ball away or come out sooner to collect it. James would have acted sooner. The goalkeeper is SUPPOSED to be in charge of his box.

But when it became obvious to John Terry that that wasn't going to happen, he should he put it into Row Z, rather than continue to piss about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whoever is to blame Carse the Farce should not have let the ball go through his legs. I thought you were taught to turn one leg and bring the knee inwards when crouching for a ball......like this is one of the first things they teach you in goalkeeping school.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Calamity James, Carse the Farce, Misses Robinson.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We were talking during the game about the fact that ITV mostly blamed Scott Carson, which most of us didn't agree with.

As if they were going to blame JT! With LAMPS, STEVIE G and ROOONEY missing, JT was ITV GOD for the night...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taken from page 2 of the Colin Hawkins book "art of defending"

And exactly why Terry shouldnt be in the starting line up, let alone captain

I must admist I have always felt he is a bit overrated. His 'English style' is what people rate...not his overall ability. Better to be blood and guts than talented.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The look on Ray Clemence's face said it all.....

Or was he thinking "May 1976, Hampden Park, Kenny Dalglish"

And that classic quote from the late great Hugh Johns

"And Clemence's day is complete........"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here