Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who could embezzle the most from work...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bozza said:
Did he have it to pay back?

I'd have thought that when someone had nicked a sum like that, which is not huge, he'd have spunked it on cars, holidays, house improvements and big TVs.

Sorry Bozza, I missed this post earlier.

The answer is that yes he did have to pay it all back. He was however very lucky, in that he used his additional income to buy a beautiful 4 bed house that he couldn't possibly have afforded normally. Over the course of his activities, the house has increased in value by more than the actual figure he had to pay back.

Obviously they will have had to sell it in order to pay back the money, but he hasn't ended up destitute.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If you have a criminal conviction for that you lose your ACCA don't you? I'd say a rather large change of career is looming!!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm always surprised at the stupidly small amount of money that some people take before doing a runner. Only it's usually enough dosh to ensure a serious pursuit by the OB and a jail sentence when caught but is never anywhere near enough to buy your way into a life of luxury somewhere that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the UK.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
tedebear said:
If you have a criminal conviction for that you lose your ACCA don't you? I'd say a rather large change of career is looming!!

It was suggested to him that it would be in his interest to serve enough of his sentence to complete a plumbing course inside!

roz said:
I'm always surprised at the stupidly small amount of money that some people take before doing a runner. Only it's usually enough dosh to ensure a serious pursuit by the OB and a jail sentence when caught but is never anywhere near enough to buy your way into a life of luxury somewhere that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the UK.

How much would you need to steal to make it worth your while Roz? You've obviously thought about it. :)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
MYOB said:
Ah, but I could always use our software to prescribe MASSIVE amounts of junkie-beloved prescription drugs to sell on ;)

Well there might be a few on here interested - although not me - I'm HIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH on life... :blush:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Lokki 7 said:
How much would you need to steal to make it worth your while Roz? You've obviously thought about it. :)

OK, it's a fair cop, I'll go quietly...
:lolol:

Seriously though, if you really are going to risk ruining your life (and that of most people around you) by thieving, then I'd have thought it was millions, not hundreds of thousands, of pounds you'd be aiming at.

roz said:
Seriously though, if you really are going to risk ruining your life (and that of most people around you) by thieving, then I'd have thought it was millions, not hundreds of thousands, of pounds you'd be aiming at.
You've always had far too much ambition than is good for you.

;)

roz said:
OK, it's a fair cop, I'll go quietly...
:lolol:

So now that we've established you are indeed a THIEF (if only a high end one), I'm starting to worry if my Seagulls Party donation is in safe hands.
:eek:
(I'd need about 5 mill I reckon :thumbsup: )

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I steal a fair amount each month. It goes straight into my bank account and i get a little note telling me how much i've got away with ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here