Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the pikey -est Supermarket...........

Who are the dregs of food shopping....

• Aldi (soon to be enscummed in London Rd)

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Lidl (by Mac's Cafe say no more)

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Asda ( Marina branch good buses from the Hawk they won't deliver)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Iceland (Katona personifies the London Rd store)

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Any Co-op

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's that dodgy Tesco's in the Droveway. I always drive slowly round the block while my wife is in there, rather than park and get your wheels nicked.

(but that's probably more due to the area than the supermarket)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would say Iceland, always see the chavs shopping in there.

But Lidl? 24p a can for cheap "Red Bull" - Bargain!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Where was the option for Somerfield?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Iceland.

Lidl is my supplier of cheap (real Barr) Irn Bru and cut-price Stella Artois. Nowt wrong there.

Aldi have cheap PC hardware nearly all the time in my local branch.

Never had Asda's down here.

But before Iceland pulled out of Ireland their stores were filthy, cracked tiles, damaged and loud fridges, ugly/dirty staff on the checkouts, trollies that seemed to know which car was yours to lock their wheels and career in to, etc...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I use my local Co-Op for bits and bobs and it is expensive with not much choice.

Me and Mr B did a shop in Iceland back in the summer for the first time ever and it was an experience we wont be repeating! We rushed round and tried not to look at anyone! It was full of under fed/over fed teenage girls with Croydon facelifts and pushchairs!

What is a Croydon facelift and why so many in YOUR local area?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
There's that dodgy Tesco's in the Droveway. I always drive slowly round the block while my wife is in there, rather than park and get your wheels nicked.

You are having a laugh aren't you?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What is a Croydon facelift?

I think a Croydon facelift refers to that hairstyle worn by a lot of girls where the hair is pulled back into a very tight ponytail, thus tautening the forehead and giving something of a facelist appearance.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I think a Croydon facelift refers to that hairstyle worn by a lot of girls where the hair is pulled back into a very tight ponytail, thus tautening the forehead and giving something of a facelist appearance.

And eventually causing traction damage to the scalp, making you go bald - hence lots of wig wearing middle aged women in Belfast as the "Millie facelift" was popular there in the 1970s/80s.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

? Is this Sarcasm ?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire

Indeed it is! Add numerous skanky gold earrings (in various places) and you have the full look!

We dont have many round these parts CarWash, but they are plentiful in most town centres where the shops are cheap and cheerful!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here