Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the pikey -est Supermarket...........

Who are the dregs of food shopping....

• Aldi (soon to be enscummed in London Rd)

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Lidl (by Mac's Cafe say no more)

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Asda ( Marina branch good buses from the Hawk they won't deliver)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Iceland (Katona personifies the London Rd store)

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Any Co-op

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Of the big supermarkets Asda is the pikeyest.

Then of course there's Lidl, Netto and Aldi

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Agree with Badger, of the big supermarkets Asda really is a "wretched hive of scum and villainy".

Lidl can't even be bothered to take the food out of the packing crates before sticking on the shop floor, a bit like Netto that I used to use as a student as it was so cheap.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Only the finest produce imported from it's native country for me. What carbon footprint?

That statement makes no sense !!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The co op nearest to be is an expensive, peculiar shop full of fair trade coffee beans and chocolate biscuits and £1.99 boxes of corn flakes. I try not to shop in any supermarket, but Lidl have the best EVOO, balsamic vinegar etc. Have never bought anything else there but we go through EVOO like we do water and I have never had anything from other shops that is any better.

I picked Iceland from that list, I am sure very lovely people shop in some Iceland's but on the rare occasions I have entered one of their shops it is like stepping into some sort of parallel universe.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
lidl do dirt cheap cider that takes mysteriously like cats urine

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
The co op nearest to be is an expensive, peculiar shop full of fair trade coffee beans and chocolate biscuits and £1.99 boxes of corn flakes. I try not to shop in any supermarket, but Lidl have the best EVOO, balsamic vinegar etc. Have never bought anything else there but we go through EVOO like we do water and I have never had anything from other shops that is any better.

I picked Iceland from that list, I am sure very lovely people shop in some Iceland's but on the rare occasions I have entered one of their shops it is like stepping into some sort of parallel universe.

I use my local Co-Op for bits and bobs and it is expensive with not much choice.

Me and Mr B did a shop in Iceland back in the summer for the first time ever and it was an experience we wont be repeating! We rushed round and tried not to look at anyone! It was full of under fed/over fed teenage girls with Croydon facelifts and pushchairs!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I use my local Co-Op for bits and bobs and it is expensive with not much choice.

Me and Mr B did a shop in Iceland back in the summer for the first time ever and it was an experience we wont be repeating! We rushed round and tried not to look at anyone! It was full of under fed/over fed teenage girls with Croydon facelifts and pushchairs!

You should try the one on Shirley High Street (or as Hiney refers to it, 'The Mutant Mile' :D). Jesus!! :ohmy:
:shudder:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I used to go to Netto quite a lot as a student. We would always buy a crate of 20 stubby Starberg beers for £4.99, you can't go wrong with that. They also did a fake Red Bull called "Hustler" with the slogon, "4 times the Taurine of Red Bull", I have no idea what other rubbish was in it but it did the job if you needed a kick before going out (usually after going out the previous 3 nights)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lidl, by far. Upm until recently you could only pay by cash there as well. No carrier bags either, so you usually end up carrying your stuff out in an empty cardboard box. Pretty much the ONLY thing I buy in there are the german bratwursts for my bbq, cos they are SCRUMMY.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Lidl is good for some things, you just have to be selective. They do huge sacks of dried pasta for PENCE, and incredibly cheap booze. It is still full of scummers though.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Lidl, by far. Upm until recently you could only pay by cash there as well. No carrier bags either, so you usually end up carrying your stuff out in an empty cardboard box.

Perhaps they're making a BOLD stand for the environment. More people should reuse carrier bags rather than just throwing them away after use. :)

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Abu Dhabi Co-op is an Arab pike-fest

Spinneys is for the more discerning grocery shopper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here