Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC

Being bankrolled by men with lots of money, so they are buying success

essentially the man city/chelsea of the non-league, only other team with same level of high investment are Croydon Athletic

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
i know very little about the non league ladder, if they go up, what do they go up to?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They've been decent for a while but lacked the ground developments to go up. Shame their best player joined Burgess Hill.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
any club that can afford to pay players £400-£600 per game and a league win bonus of £1000-£2000 should be walking that league

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
any club that can afford to pay players £400-£600 per game and a league win bonus of £1000-£2000 should be walking that league

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Being bankrolled by men with lots of money, so they are buying success

essentially the man city/chelsea of the non-league, only other team with same level of high investment are Croydon Athletic

Croydon Athletic have huge potential, not sure the same can be said of Whitehawk. What size crowd do they get down there?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think it's either Level 10 or 11 of the League pyramid system.

The Conference South is Level 6

Ryman south (which is what they would go up to) is two steps away from conference south.

From what I understand Joe Gatting will be playing for them (if he's not already) and is reported to be on £300 a game with a £100 a goal bonus. Which is crazy money for that level. Allot of the teams at that level don't pay anything.

Crowborough learnt the hard way that money talks at that level.

Oct 25, 2003
Croydon Athletic have huge potential, not sure the same can be said of Whitehawk. What size crowd do they get down there?

miniscule

not sure what the owners are predicting in terms of fan base increase, but i can't see them ever getting remotely big crowds until they get MUCH higher up the pyramid

reckon the money men will get bored once they realise there isn't much long term potential

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Phat Baz

Jan 24, 2008
East Sussex
Top of the table, 5 played 5 wins GD+10..

Nice to see one of Brightons teams doing well.

http://www.scfl.org.uk/pages/tables.html

Huge great wage bill of up to £150,000 a year so the rumour has it !!
I know two or three there getting ridiculous money per week !!
I must say though i could think of a few better teams in County League to waste cash on.
But i do know having a bit of cash may buy you success for a season or two maybe but then the cash injection even in the Ryman will have to become more and more and more until it runs out, then the players run out too.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here