Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whingy to Charlton?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Mentioned on the Argus online that Whing has been interesting Charlton.

They need a right-back, hopefully we can get a decent fee (50k) for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that we would let him go on a free and would never expect to get £50k for him even when he came to us and was quite good. Think that may be a typing error and that you put the 0 in by mistake.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I don't think we'd let someone who has 2 years (I think) left on their contract leave for nothing, Gus and Tony aren't stupid.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Congratulations, BG, consistently the most miserable person on this forum.

I hope Whing does find a new club this summer. He is a better player than the waste away in our reserve team, being trotted out to play with the kids every now and then.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
you forgot to add

'enough to expect somebody to pay for Whing.

It's quite clear you don't like Whing but the fact remains that he has a two year contract and only the season before he was our player of the season.

He is only 25 so arguably at his peak now.

50k is easily possible.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Depends how much of a wage increase he got when we re-negotiated his contract after he got player of the year for as to if we'd be willing to offfload him for free i supose.

Shame for Whing as he played well 2 seasons ago in a really tough year but started last year with that horror own goal on the opening day and never really got his form back again.

Calde is a better player in my book but wish Whingy all the best whatever happens.

** PS dont forget BG a year ago we were all desperate not to lose Whing to Leeds/Huddersfield. He's a good player for this level on his day and deserves more respect than you are showing him.**

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Congratulations, BG, consistently the most miserable person on this forum.

I hope Whing does find a new club this summer. He is a better player than the waste away in our reserve team, being trotted out to play with the kids every now and then.

Not miserable at all just have the opinion that he is an awful full back who could never command a fee irrespective of his age. When he arrived here he was reasonable and held his own. Was voted player of the season based on about 8 games when he charged around like a mad man when nobody else cared or did anything of note. Is now so far down the pecking order, probably about 5th choice right back behind Calderon, El Abd, Kishishev and Steve Cook that I would think that the club would be pleased for him to find a new club to get him off the wage bill. They paid good money for Jake Wright but let him go for free as he didnt fit in the plans. Gus has already said that he doesnt figure in the plans but he is so professional that he will not force him out.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I don't think we'd let someone who has 2 years (I think) left on their contract leave for nothing, Gus and Tony aren't stupid.
Complete rubbish. We got rid of Wright for nothing.The first offer for Whing ie free transfer and Poyet will get rid. You start charging a fee for Whing then you can expect him to still be here.He isn't worth anything.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"forced out"!

Yeah - paulclark in "everything Gus does as a bad thing" shock.

Is it possible he didn't fit with Gus' plans? His game was off? We have better options? Squad needs to be trimmed? No. he was "forced" (note, not even pushed but FORCED) out.

You cock.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
With the money Charlton got for Richardson i think they should be generous and offer 100k for Whingy. Great move for Whing if it happends.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Would anyone on here want to see Whing as the last defender against a skilfull attacker, he's made so many errors over the last few seasons, all the effort and running around counts for nothing if he's giving goals away - just get him off the wage bill, very doubtful anyone in this division will pay anything more than a nominal 10k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here