Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing stalling - anyone know why?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Anyone close to the camp shed any light on this?

Should we be worried that he is going somewhere else, or is it simply that he is on holiday and taking his time to consider the offer and has no intention of leaving....

Plus loving the fact that we are in talks with JC from Northampton, decent player at our level

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Yes. He doesn't love us enough to jump at signing the first contract that is offered to him. Sensible fellow.

Lush

Mods' Pet
If he's playing the 'I'm so popular with the fans I can virtually dictate my terms' card, a la Baz Savage, he should realise that we're a fickle bunch who are already looking forward to Jason Crowe joining.

(Not that we don't want you as well Whingy, but ...)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His agent may have several offers for Whingy to consider.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Probably doing exactly what any of us would do in our jobs,wiegh up the pros n cons of a new offer have a think about it then do whats right for him and his future and not give a toss what any bugger else thinks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will no doubt get slated but I couldnt care either way if he signs all well and good but if not there are plenty of others about, as good if not better.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hey, if he doesn't want to stay then let him go. He's replaceable. Bring somebody in to replace him who wants to be here.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is he stalling? Hart only signed up yesterday, Owusu is on the other side of the world and Dicker has all gone quiet. So would say he is just taking his time the same as the rest of them as is his right

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He has one month until his current contract is up. Stalling would probably be an inaccurate account of proceedings. Is he back from his holiday? Has he been able to chat to his agent in depth? And so on...

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
I read his little column in the Gazette every week.... always seems very loyal and pro BHA..... hope he signs a new contract......

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Would be surprised if he didn't have a few offers to consider. I'm sure his performances last season would have attracted interest from other clubs both in league 1 & championship.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I expect he has several better offers on the table from bigger clubs, he needs to decide whether or not he thinks this club is going places and that he can get into the championship without moving clubs or whether a move to a bigger team would be the right move for his career, either way ill be happy for him, he has served us well and ew are apprently looking into more attacking alternatives, which bodes well for the style of football russel is going to get the team playing

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I expect he has several better offers on the table from bigger clubs, he needs to decide whether or not he thinks this club is going places and that he can get into the championship without moving clubs or whether a move to a bigger team would be the right move for his career, either way ill be happy for him, he has served us well and ew are apprently looking into more attacking alternatives, which bodes well for the style of football russel is going to get the team playing

Or he could be trying to decide which kit is the prettiest and goes best with his hair.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Player of the season or not I find it hard to see Whing playing regularly at Championship level. Unless he has something big on the table he;d be a fool to turn us down. Hopefully he will sign a contract but if he doesn't it's not the end of the world.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
wouldn't be too upset if he leaves. thanks for everything, but might be time for a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here