Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing stalling - anyone know why?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Give the bloke a chance to make his mind up before writing his obituary.

He's got every right to look at any other offers and would be foolish just to sign a contract from Brighton without weíghing up the alternatives.

He's gone from player of the year and all-round hero to disloyal, ex-player in some people's eyes.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There is no loyalty in football, end of.

Clubs cut players if they are surplus or shift them on if they get a good offer.
Players move for the highest wages/best contract because this is their living.
All of which are understandable.

So why do fans get such a bee in their bonnet about the "loyalty" issue. It simply doesn't, and shouldn't, exist.

Andy Whing has been great for the Albion. We didn't lock him down before the contract expired (hedging our bets maybe?) and now he can look around. Good for him. Shame if he goes but he is perfectly entitled to. I'm glad we had his total commitment whilst he was at the club, which we did, and don't expect some sort of misplaced 'loyalty' now his contract is up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... you would think he had left the way some on this thread are dissing him... he is a good player, was brilliant for us last year, and I really hope he signs for us...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly. As Lush says - we are a fickle lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer him to stay but if he wants to leave he's replaceable.

I'll be so glad when Falmer opens so we can become the club players want to come to for reasons other than resurrecting their careers or rescuing them from the stiffs and third or fourth choice at another club.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
There is no loyalty in football, end of.

Clubs cut players if they are surplus or shift them on if they get a good offer.
Players move for the highest wages/best contract because this is their living.
All of which are understandable.

So why do fans get such a bee in their bonnet about the "loyalty" issue. It simply doesn't, and shouldn't, exist.

Andy Whing has been great for the Albion. We didn't lock him down before the contract expired (hedging our bets maybe?) and now he can look around. Good for him. Shame if he goes but he is perfectly entitled to. I'm glad we had his total commitment whilst he was at the club, which we did, and don't expect some sort of misplaced 'loyalty' now his contract is up.

Yep, nicely summed up that man

jrmeag1

Sep 22, 2008
Got to agree with the majority of posters on here, he was an ever present last year, performed ok, don't think he was particularilily amazing just did his job, and out shone 10 other very average players on the pitch. Thought McNulty was the classiest player to pull on the shirt last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here