Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whilst Qing at Dyke Rd Tesco's two lads one in a Man U...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Statto said:
I cant stand gloryhunters. Especially when they take the piss out of you for supporting the albion. Thats why I dislike all of these top premiershite clubs. Support your local team you C**ts. If you are going to follow a premiership club then you could atleast make the effort to go and watch them. Makes my blod boil.:angry: :angry:

cant believe it bothers you that much! People should be able to support who the hell they want. All this support your local team business makes me laugh.

D

Deleted User X18H

Wardywonderland said:
I have lost count the number of times in the pub that in response to I am a Brighton fan, someone as said....

But who is your Premership team.

They do not seem to understand that I have one team.
I get that at work 'who is your second team though '

Ialways answer 'Brighton and Hove Albion Reserves' because they are.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
bhanutz said:
cant believe it bothers you that much! People should be able to support who the hell they want. All this support your local team business makes me laugh.

I guess that is the difference between a fan and a supporter. To me a fan will do what they can for the club they follow. A supporter is someone who sits in front of the TV soaking up the bollocks that Sky tell them.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Lord Bracknell said:
There was a shocking number of Arsenal supporters travelling on the train from Lewes this morning. And even more getting off the train at East Croydon this evening.

saw loooooooooads of gunners on the train from brighton

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Wardywonderland said:
I guess that is the difference between a fan and a supporter. To me a fan will do what they can for the club they follow. A supporter is someone who sits in front of the TV soaking up the bollocks that Sky tell them.

I totally agree with that.

But for me the fan is the person sat at home watching on Sky and the supporter is the the person who goes and actively supports their club, putting money in etc.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
Wardywonderland said:

May be it is because of the price of tickets for the "big Clubs" that a lot of youngters have to watch on sky ,Why can't they choose a premiership club if they want . I suuported a london club for years , went to matches when i could ,but got more involved in the albion during the archer years and now have a season ticket but my first love will always be the prem club ,Does that not make me worthy of being a brighton supporter/fan ?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Starry said:
I totally agree with that.

But for me the fan is the person sat at home watching on Sky and the supporter is the the person who goes and actively supports their club, putting money in etc.

Either way round it works I guess. My point was (as you agreed) that a true follower of the club will go to games when they can etc.

Others are plastic fans. Have never been to a game or very few and the closest they come to doing anything for the club is buying a shirt from JJB sports.

I have a Liverpool supprting friend who as never been to Liverpool let alone Anfield.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Starry is right, you can be a football fan in the general sense, watching footy on the box but not actually following a team, whether that be in the loose sense or week in week out. I would class myself as a Brighton supporter, although I go to watch occasional games featuring other teams, they are the only team that I claim any form of permanent allegiance to.

Many of those who you see wearing Premiership shirts around Sussex would be hard pressed to point out on a map where their chosen team actually comes from, most only have a couple of brain cells in any case, neither of them carrys the local pride gene.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Wardywonderland said:
I have a Liverpool supprting friend who as never been to Liverpool let alone Anfield.

I have an Arsenal friend who is the very same.

Refused a free home end ticket from us when we were dicked 5-0 by them and Henry put on a masterclass.

He managed to text me as each goal rolled in to tell me how great Henry was, then when I text back something about Clichy he asked when I didn't like the player on my team. Uhm, yeah.

I don't care if people don't turn out for their team but if you are going to sit at home and be an armchair non fanatic at least have half a clue about your team before gobbing off.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Starry said:
I have an Arsenal friend who is the very same.

Refused a free home end ticket from us when we were dicked 5-0 by them and Henry put on a masterclass.

He managed to text me as each goal rolled in to tell me how great Henry was, then when I text back something about Clichy he asked when I didn't like the player on my team. Uhm, yeah.

I don't care if people don't turn out for their team but if you are going to sit at home and be an armchair non fanatic at least have half a clue about your team before gobbing off.

Well said.:clap2: :bowdown:

dingle

Banned
Sep 4, 2006
Terry_Hurlock Posted on 8/9 21:31 Email this Message | Reply
re: Asked this some time back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're not real Wall if you're black.

:rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wardywonderland said:
I have lost count the number of times in the pub that in response to I am a Brighton fan, someone as said....

But who is your Premership team.

They do not seem to understand that I have one team.

Ditto.

I used to watch Liverpool on TV and even had a scarf. This was when I was about 8. Then my Dad took me to the Goldstone and there was no looking back. It must be dull supporting a team that you never go and see.

I walked through town today in my new skint shirt and didn't see a single other Brighton shirt today, but a fair amount of the 'big club' shirts. All those Chelsea clones get on my manbreast's.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
dingle said:
Terry_Hurlock Posted on 8/9 21:31 Email this Message | Reply
re: Asked this some time back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're not real Wall if you're black.

:rolleyes:

:censored: :censored: :angry: :angry:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
BarrelofFun said:
Ditto.

I used to watch Liverpool on TV and even had a scarf. This was when I was about 8. Then my Dad took me to the Goldstone and there was no looking back. It must be dull supporting a team that you never go and see.

I walked through town today in my new skint shirt and didn't see a single other Brighton shirt today, but a fair amount of the 'big club' shirts. All those Chelsea clones get on my manbreast's.

See a few Brighton shirts in Eastbourne. Might be that I am drawn to them more then the other teams though. Of course there is a lot of Chelski etc shirts.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I can understand people round here supporting London clubs, I was a Chelsea fan all my life up until about 2 years ago because my family are from that area of London and I grew up with it. Still I don't think I have ever had the passion for them that I have for Brighton now. There is something special about supporting your home town club.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Absolutely right Les, there is definitely something about supporting the nearest club to where you grew up or at least one that you have a family connection with, before following one that is just based on their level of success. If I had followed family connections then I would have been either a Brentford or Sheff Weds fan but saw the light at the age of 10 when I started following the Albion, mind you in the mid 70's most people did.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gully said:
Absolutely right Les, there is definitely something about supporting the nearest club to where you grew up or at least one that you have a family connection with, before following one that is just based on their level of success. If I had followed family connections then I would have been either a Brentford or Sheff Weds fan but saw the light at the age of 10 when I started following the Albion, mind you in the mid 70's most people did.

Weird isn't. I used to go to the Albion as much if not more than Chelsea as a kid but it wasn't til I went o Uni in Bolton that I realised that I felt more of a connection with Brighton.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My nan bought me a Chelsea scarf when I was about 7/8 years old and they had Peter Osgood who was the Beckham of his day, at least in my eyes, so I kind of liked them because it was fashionable to do so. I wasn't even born in Sussex but lived there from the age of 5 to 19, that is the time when your identity is created and allegiances formed, hence I am Albion through and through and consider myself a man of Sussex above anything else.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gully said:
My nan bought me a Chelsea scarf when I was about 7/8 years old and they had Peter Osgood who was the Beckham of his day, at least in my eyes, so I kind of liked them because it was fashionable to do so.

My dad f***ing loves Osgood.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lord Bracknell said:
There was a shocking number of Arsenal supporters travelling on the train from Lewes this morning. And even more getting off the train at East Croydon this evening.

I ont have a problem with that myself, but why would you support Liverpool or Manchester Utd if you are from Lewes? least London is only an hour away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here