Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which teams DO NOT have rivals?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Every team has a rival to some extent.

We don't really care either way about Crawley Town, but 18,000 turned up the last time we played them, so the potential is clearly there for it to develop in the event that they ever actually became any good. Which seems quite likely given the money they've spent this summer.

Wouldn't necessarily be a Palace type thing initially, but I bet we'd all want to put them in their place if we played them again in a proper game.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Torquay are big rivals with Exeter.

Millwall are massive rivals with West Ham, surely everybody with any understanding of English football knows that one, and also with Cardiff due to the erocity of their tear ups.

Leicester bizarrely are rivals with Chelsea, and are still sung about at Stamford Bridge.
chelsea dont see leicester as rivals , they are sung about in that they are a line in the song ' we all follow the chelsea ,over land and sea.........and leicester, ie its a shithole.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Wycombe and Yeovil are too laid-back to have bitter rivals.

My Dad followed Weymouth in his youth and says the rivalry with Yeovil back then was pretty bitter. It's interesting that it's survived according to that fans survey even though they can't have played each other in years.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
No they're not. Exeter and Plymouth are the rivals. No-one cares about Torquay in Devon.

I am 100% with Simster on this. In the three years I was down there, Torquay were never mentioned. However, on Exeweb (their NSC) I remember a thread where someone complained 99% of chants at SJP were anti Argyle and the fans should be getting behind the team!!

Also n the words of Exeter midfielder Bertie Cozic: "To be part of the team that will face Plymouth next season is an exciting prospect. Since I have been in Exeter everyone has talked about Plymouth and how it is the game to play in.

"It is another reason to be part of something. Derby games create such excitement Plymouth will be the first game I look out for when the fixtures are announced this week because I have never played in a big derby before.

"Yes, we played Torquay two seasons ago but that is not a massive derby match — certainly nothing along the lines of Exeter against Plymouth. For me to experience this one would be something to savour."

EXETER City midfielder Bertie Cozic admits the prospect of playing in next season's Devon derby against arch-rivals Plymouth Argyle played a part in him signing a short-term deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Milawall and Charlton are 'rivals' aren't they?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Middlesbrough don't really like Newcastle or Sunderland but don't think it can count as a rivalry.

Tranmere for some reason are Wrexhams rivals.

Only vaguely .... Wrexham have much more bitter rivalries with Chester, Shrewsbury and Hereford!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Not quite -

Grimsby hate Scunthorpe and Lincoln (2nd)
Lincoln hate Grimsby
Scunthorpe hate Grimsby and Hull (2nd)

and Scunthorpe also hate Donny Rovers, who in turn hate Sheff Utd and Rotherham .... lot of hatred going on in Lincolnshire/South Yorkshire LOL

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Must agree with earlier posts.... having lived on Tyneside for many years and worked on Wearside .... Newcastle and Sunderland hate each other with a vengeance but neither give a toss about Middlesboro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here