Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Team is the best ever english team?

Who would win??

• This Arsenal

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 90's Man Utd

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • 70's/80's Liverpool

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Brighton and Hove Albion (The Micky Years)

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
You choose

rool

Jul 10, 2003
are you talking about an english team with mainly british players? if so I'd say Liverpool 70/80s. 2 or 3? European Cups, and lots of 1st division championship wins at a time when more than 3 teams were in contention.

Got to say Liverpool. Dominated the English and the European game at a time when more than two or three teams were in the running every season. (just noticed that this is not dissimilar to what munster monch has said!)

if arsenal can win the champions league a couple of times, my opinion may change.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree with the Liverpool team, in an era when money didn't rule football.

After their four European Cup wins and one final defeat who knows how many more they would have won in that era but for our teams being kick out of europe after Heysel (sp?)

Also, they were packed with BRITISH PLAYERS

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
the fact is no-one has ever played with Arsenals pace, power and skill. They woukld blow teams of the past away!!!!!!!!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Arsenal, of the teams I've seen.

What about the Forest team that won the European Cup (when it was for the champions) twice?

Saying that, Arsenal have not yet conquered Europe.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Arsenal always look great in the Premiership, but how many times have failed in Europe now? Against the top teams, they are found wanting repeatedly

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Liverpool late 70s / 80s were the best team in Europe by some considerable length.

Played superb football especially away from home.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surprised no mention of Spurs '61, Man Utd '67 or the Nottingham Forest team whose record was just beaten.

I think other then the Man Utd team of the 90's, the teams European record should be not taken into account because the competition was far different back then.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
liverpool. man utd never quite got as dominant, but if they won the league and champs league this year and league again next year then, you would have to say them.
problem man utd have is holding on to arsenals coat tails. and chelsea will also be in the equation.
this arsenal could go on to be the strongest of all. only time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here