Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which STAND Do you Want To Sit In at FALMER

Where to Sit??

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:albion::albion::albion:

As its only 104 weeks to go, but also 548 since we left the Goldstone

Which stand would you like to park your bum when we FINALLY reach The Community Stadium Sponsored by.............. and where abouts in the stand do you want to sit??? Martin Perry is going to take us on a tour, piss in the loo's and switch some lights on and off, then we will be invited to chose your seat, which for lots of us will be our seat for the rest of our Albion supporting days :)

Attachments

• Falmer.JPG
    Falmer.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 584
  • falmer1.jpg
    falmer1.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 592
  • falmer2.jpg
    falmer2.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 598
  • falmer3.jpg
    falmer3.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 589
  • falmer4.jpg
    falmer4.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 591

I'm coming more and more to the view that I don't want to commit myself to any particular part of the new stadium until I've had the opportunity to "test drive" all the options, in real match conditions.

What this means, of course, is NOT buying a season ticket for the first season.

Does that matter? I never had a season ticket at the Goldstone. I never had a season ticket at Gillingham. I only got one at Withdean because there was such a shortage of seats that it was the only way to guarantee getting in.

When we start playing at Falmer, there will be thousands of seats available on a pay-per-game basis. I can't see the point of committing myself to sitting in the same one each week ... particularly if it turns out that the atmosphere is better somewhere else in the stadium.

Damn, missed West Stand Middle Tier off the poll :angry:

Anyway for me, I agree with Lord B, but at the moment am thinking Northstand, towards the back, and slightly towards the West side of the Stand
I've edited the poll to add the previously missing option.

Oddly enough, whenever I've had the choice of where to go in pretty much any stadium I've been in, I've been drawn to ... behind the goal, slightly to the right of the goalposts, three-quarters of the way back.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think the East stand will be where the LOLs are. You will have the away fans to one side of you and the sight of the MASSIVE stand facing you which will look awesome. COR, it is proper exciting innit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly
Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury?
Shanks said "no I don't think so,
but I've of the Brighton EAST SIDE"

EAST EAST EAST siders. :ascarf: :albion:

(obviously this doesn't work anymore because both managers are DEAD, Highbury is now a block of flats and Falmer came along about 40 years later :thumbsup: )

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I reckon LB's idea about giving them all a bit of a tryout is a damn good one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
West Side, middle or upper, about 30 yards to the left or right of the halfway line (so I'm a bit CLOSER to one of the goals, but not too far away from the other one). I don't like being low down because you can't really see whats properly going on. And I don't want to be facing the SUN during the game.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Presuming the north stand will be the singing section, i will be found near the back of this beautiful roofed stand

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oddly enough, whenever I've had the choice of where to go in pretty much any stadium I've been in, I've been drawn to ... behind the goal, slightly to the right of the goalposts, three-quarters of the way back.

Same, but to the left.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I hope to resume my old Goldstone Position.

Back row of the North Stand, right behind the goal.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Thats where i stand everytime to watch my local team (wen im not watchin albion away) play, best atmos and always guarenteed a seat

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Old Skool!

Three quarters of the way back, on the terracing next to the away fans! ( I wish! )

I'd like to sit (according to the question) where there atmosphere is, where I could stand not sit (!) - probably therefore towards the back of the North Stand.
I had the same idea as LB though about trying various areas and not initially buying a season because of the ready availability of seats. A major downside to this approach would obviously be the impact on club finances (i.e. cash-flow). Perhaps that's why Martin Perry said there would be "incentives" to buy season tickets?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here