Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which sports fans do you hate?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Are Brighton the closest club to you? I know that Southwick FC are my local club.

However, I'm not a glory supporter but a Man.U fan is. What's the difference, people can support whoever they like tbh. :shrug:

They were when I started taking an interest in them, we lived literally 3 streets away from Withdean.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
rugby league. i dislike northerners

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
people who have an unhealthy interest in cars.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I don't hate them but rally fans who stand right next to the course as the cars go round are mental.

Can't see the appeal of some supercharged beast of a car flashing past you at over 100mph given one driver error and you're wearing that car....
And more than likely dead.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No sporting occasion is worse than the centre court crowd at Wimbledon. Most of them sat there still think England has an empire, favourite sports person is Fred Perry and that Roger is ‘’cuddly’’ Tennis is only good for staring at Sharapova, abusing Andy Murrays’s Scottishness and laughing when he goes out. The thought of the pant wetting on Centre court should he win from the likes of Sue Barker, Cliff Richard and Virginia Wade is enough to discourage anyone from cheering for Murray. And then we would have to relive it for 3 hours during Sports personality of the year.

At least there was a good punch up at Royal Ascot this year which drastically moves those tossers down the order.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WWF fans.

We all know its not a sport. Presumably anyone over the age of 8 knows its not a sport. Yet they still turn up in their thousands with their stupid hand-made cardboard signs and their crappy t-shirts to howl and hollar at it as though its actually real.

I genuinely have NO CLUE how these people can be bothered with it. I honestly do not get it. They might as well watch Emmerdale.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
And while we are at it Equestrian. Since when was Dressage a sport? Getting horses to Dance?

(I've never actually met any Equestrain fans though but thats not the point)

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't 'hate' any sports fans.

The ones I do find most annoying though are the boorish goons who shout 'Get in the hole' at golf torunaments. :nono:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't 'hate' any sports fans.

I think some people have taken this thread too literally. I'm pretty sure that no-one is advocating the use of AK47's, baseball bats and pitch forks on the likes of anyone who has a penchant for WWF, shouts Get in da hole or happens to be called Sue Barker - although there is a good case for it.

With that in mind, We need to get back to sweeping generalistions that used to characterise NSC. There is too much seriousness on here at the moment (just take one look at that Swindon thread to see what I mean)

I'd add any ardent Motor Bike fans into the mix. The most boring 1/2 hour of my life was spent talking to someone who thought Valentino Rossi was some sort of God. I thought they were borderline white coat material.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
They were when I started taking an interest in them, we lived literally 3 streets away from Withdean.

Fair play. Just making the point.

For 99% of people, even at this level, they don't support their local club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Incredibly polarised and biaised view. In football we have a bunch of mercenaries put on the stripes and they are worshiped as if they were gods. Most have no allegience to the Albion other than that they are paying their wages. Several are not from these shores but does that mean we support them less? As for Nadal, many of his fans are probably of the teen variety or at least trying to cling to that era of their lives. They like Nadal because he is an exceptional player and has that popstar celebrity.

As for the OP, does your nationalistic approach apply in all walks of life? Do you only like English bands, English Actors in English programmes. Films only made on these shores. Is your house only filled with products ' made in England' etc etc.

Going back to the tennis, I'm not a particular fan of Nadal and Federer as individuals but the way both play tennis is exciting and captivating.

Also, were you pleased that McIlroy won last night or did you go to bed in a sulk once it was clear Westwood wouldn't catch up?

One final point, going back to the main thread title, I have to say that I continually get fed up with Rugby Union fans who bleat on about how much better their sport is than ours. Ruff sport played by gentlemen as opposed to a gentle sport played by ruffians. The only reason there is better discipline in Rugby is that the refs have the power to advance play for even the mearest dissent whereas football refs failed to apply that rule when they had the chance. Also, you don't see many footballers stick their thumb in someones eye when that person is pinned to the floor in a ruck and can't defend themselves. The term coward springs to mind. Rugby fans problem is similar to that of Leon Knight, ie a dirty great big chip on their shoulder.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
WWF fans.

We all know its not a sport. Presumably anyone over the age of 8 knows its not a sport. Yet they still turn up in their thousands with their stupid hand-made cardboard signs and their crappy t-shirts to howl and hollar at it as though its actually real.

I genuinely have NO CLUE how these people can be bothered with it. I honestly do not get it. They might as well watch Emmerdale.

exclusively this......10,000 pond-dwellers in close proximity........i imagine the smell would be overwhelming.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Hate is too strong.

I don't hate any sports fans as then i would be no better than the sort i dislike.
There is a certain sort of D1ck that can be found in all sports and even at the Albion.
But ManU fans who come from Surrey and Reading and Bath RFC fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here