Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which six games ARE Liverpool going to lose?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Personally I’d rather they didn’t win anything ever again. The whole thing has been nauseating enough already. At least with billion dollar Man City they were always ‘outsiders,’ as opposed to Liverpool or Man Utd, who have attracted glory hunters since time eternal.
Up to you - I do have a bit of a soft spot for the city due to family connections and it would be nice imo to see them win their first title in 30 years, not that I liked them much when they were winning everything in sight, but then the Mancs (first one flavour then another) kind of took that place instead.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally I’d rather they didn’t win anything ever again. The whole thing has been nauseating enough already. At least with billion dollar Man City they were always ‘outsiders,’ as opposed to Liverpool or Man Utd, who have attracted glory hunters since time eternal.

Painful times for you then.

ManC, and previously Chelsea, were outsiders in name only. Both blew the football world apart with player spending never seen before in the game. Meaning that even the likes of Arsenal with a world class coach at that time, could no longer compete. Petro dollars, gained in corrupt and/or inhumane regimes, financially doping our football. I’d feel exactly the same if any other club used that route too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We'll beat them so hard it'll feel like they've lost 6 games.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think if you've got teeth as good as Klopp then he's entitled to showboat his team to stay unbeaten, as for Graham Potter with teeth like a car crash in a cemetery, then he's only entitled to dream for the Albion :facepalm:

Klopp's teeth weren't always like that...

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
win the league against Man City then rest first team players to win the cups, thus letting the children in for the last 6 games - and look how good they are aka Everton in the cup

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

ManC, and previously Chelsea, were outsiders in name only. Both blew the football world apart with player spending never seen before in the game. Meaning that even the likes of Arsenal with a world class coach at that time, could no longer compete. Petro dollars, gained in corrupt and/or inhumane regimes, financially doping our football. I’d feel exactly the same if any other club used that route too.

Not exactly what I was talking about. I couldn’t care less about Man City, I’ve no love for any club outside of BHA, my point was about going through school in the 70s/80s surrounded by Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal fans and the plastic love-in with those three traditional plastic fan base clubs, of which City aren’t one, they’re more Blackburn Rovers buying the title and people outside Blackburn wearing their shirts, if that makes any sense. Liverpool have a nauseating level of plastic support.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

And also, where do you draw the line in the sand regarding big club ethics. Dig a little and you’ll unearth unsavoury stuff directly/indirectly linked to them all in some form or another.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...red-fined-money-laundering-sanctions-breaches

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not exactly what I was talking about. I couldn’t care less about Man City, I’ve no love for any club outside of BHA, my point was about going through school in the 70s/80s surrounded by Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal fans and the plastic love-in with those three traditional plastic fan base clubs, of which City aren’t one, they’re more Blackburn Rovers buying the title and people outside Blackburn wearing their shirts, if that makes any sense. Liverpool have a nauseating level of plastic support.

I'm from the same school era. As a nipper of primary school age I fell for Liverpool, simply from watching FACups ties, European nights, MOTD and The Big Match. I loved the way they won by wave after wave of attacks, incredible finals. I found Leeds interesting too, but I missed that era.

I didn't know anything about the Albion, until a few years later an older brother took me to the Goldstone, where I was instantly hooked too.

In those days other people didn't angrily obsess about kids and adults having a passion for a massive club AND their local club. I knew Leeds fans, the odd ManU, one Arsenal, one ManC, and later quite a few QPR of all clubs. Everyone single one, like me, born'n'bred in Sussex.

I'd say it's pretty hard to make people un-like another club they've followed childhood. I don't know why a couple of dozen middle-aged men on NSC get so angry about it. It doesn't harm the Albion, the Amex is a sell out normally, our support has grown exponentially in the last 10 years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Best possible scenario:
- They’ve already won the title before they play us.
- They’ve also already lost at least one game, so are no longer pursuing an ‘unbeaten season’.
- They have vital Champions League fixtures around the same time.

Klopp will then field a weakened team, they’ll be less determined to win, and we can comfortably cruise to...

....inevitable defeat anyway.

Champions League 1/4 Final 2nd Leg is scheduled for the Tues / Weds before our fixture. The FA Cup semi-final would require our fixture to be re-schedled.

If they are still in the Champions League, they're not unbeaten, and had won the league and rest half the team. Then why not!!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Up to you - I do have a bit of a soft spot for the city due to family connections and it would be nice imo to see them win their first title in 30 years, not that I liked them much when they were winning everything in sight, but then the Mancs (first one flavour then another) kind of took that place instead.

Im obviously a different kind of supporter to you then.

“it would be nice imo to see them win their first title in 30 years”

In case it passed you by, Brighton haven’t won it in 119 years and we likewise have failed to win it in 115 years.

Nice? :down:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldn't mind seeing them win it at The Amex. I have always had Liverpool as my second team since I converted to the Albion in '77.

However, there are provisos.

First, the Albion need to start winning so that our adjacency to the relegation zone is no longer a worry.

Second, Liverpool are only to win it with a draw, and I want the score to be 4-3 to Liverpool as we go into stoppage time with Dunk scoring a headed equaliser in the 94th minute.

If it is on (Liverpool winning the league on that day) I may be able to persuade my 76 year old scouser pal 'Bob the social worker (retired)' to join me for the actual Liverpool game, which would be, yes, yes it would be, emotional (for one or the other of us - hopefully me :lolol:)

ps Mrs T says "never; he's not going to climb those steps!" :lolol:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have a real antipathy towards 'glory hunting'. Mainly because I just don't understand what anyone can take from it.

When I was young I used to be Aston Villa in my school's subbuteo league. My brother once bought me a belt emblazoned with their name. I started to support them as well as Albion. The problem was, they won the league. I went right off them after that. They had become far too successful for my liking.. I'm the original misery hunter. Probably why I stuck with the Albion for so long....

Truth is, to have your football club woven into you is to have a proper connection. Clubs get lost because of people seeking ego thrills.

That's why I get snakey when folk rip into people who support 'little' clubs. I bow to those who support yer Rochdale's, Tranmere's etc. They could easily feck off to Old Trafford and Anfield etc. Honour to them. As a Yorkshireman once told me, teams like Bradford Park Avenue would still be around if people hadn't been buggering of to watch Leeds.

Couldn’t agree more! I despise glory supporters, hence why I cannot knock Palace fans for supporting their local team. Even if they’re dumb fools [emoji23]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Im obviously a different kind of supporter to you then.

“it would be nice imo to see them win their first title in 30 years”

In case it passed you by, Brighton haven’t won it in 119 years and we likewise have failed to win it in 115 years.

Nice? :down:

See, that's the difference between you and me. Basic decency, and a sense of belonging to the human tribe. Empathy. A sense of a journey shared.

Mind you, I still have my eye on the three points :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Couldn’t agree more! I despise glory supporters, hence why I cannot knock Palace fans for supporting their local team. Even if they’re dumb fools [emoji23]

I'd be far more upset seeing a team like Palace go to the wall than some of the plastic magnets.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'd be far more upset seeing a team like Palace go to the wall than some of the plastic magnets.

Definitely. I like the rivalry and don’t even want them to get relegated. Them staying up on the last day on goal difference above Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea the perfect scenario for me.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
See, that's the difference between you and me. Basic decency, and a sense of belonging to the human tribe. Empathy. A sense of a journey shared.

Whilst I also believe in ‘Basic decency, and a sense of belonging to the human tribe‘, there is no way I have shared any sort of journey with Liverpool FC; the idea is laughable. I have no affinity for a club over 200 miles away who’s European ban was rescinded early, thus costing us a place in Europe. Getting a kicking in Stanley Park back in the ‘70’s didn’t exactly warm my opinion of them.

And thats the difference between us, it’s got sod all to do with basic decency.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Please god not to win it at the Amex, City was bad enough but the thought of thousands of ‘scousers’ all over the place in our ground is too much for me.

Biggest, fatest ever

THIS

And a This with bells on from me.
If there is a chance of them winning at the Amex I have already made my mind up to stay away, I won't put my ST on the exchange as I don't want a Scouser or plastic Liverpool fan buying it and winding up the Albion fans that sit around me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whilst I also believe in ‘Basic decency, and a sense of belonging to the human tribe‘, there is no way I have shared any sort of journey with Liverpool FC; the idea is laughable. I have no affinity for a club over 200 miles away who’s European ban was rescinded early, thus costing us a place in Europe. Getting a kicking in Stanley Park back in the ‘70’s didn’t exactly warm my opinion of them.

And thats the difference between us, it’s got sod all to do with basic decency.

Is there a word for 'you didn't realise I was gently taking the piss while sort of agreeing with you'?

Yes, yes there is. 'Being too hasty to reply before engaging the brain'. Not 'a word', I grant you. But, nevertheless. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here