Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which rugby union club do you support (don't open if u hate rugby!!!)

Which Premiership rugby union club do you support?

• Leicester

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Bristol

• Gloucester

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Wasps

• Saracens

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Harlequins

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • London Irish

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Sale

• Bath

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Northampton

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Worcester

• Premiership is crap I support a club from a different league

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Yoda

English & European
wehatepalace said:
Bad result on Saturday though :( lost to Richmond 28v30

I know. Right sickener after being 21-8 up at half time. :(

Just have to win Saturday at Ealing to knock them out of the running. :)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
falcons_logo1.gif

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not really interested in rugby at all, pity as I live about a 5 minute walk from the Gloucester ground, most of my friends who like the game can't understand my ambivolence towards it...until I explain that I grew up in Sussex which is almost devoid of the sport.

If it came to saying which team I supported, might go for Leinster as I used to want them to win whenever they played in the Heineken cup (before it went to Sky), mainly because my grandpa was a rugby daft Dubliner.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
team_pic.jpg

oops - wrong code. Union's a poofty southern game anyway.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i had trials with wasps when i was 16,i chose footy instead:nono:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Bath, then whoevers playing Bristol!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Icy Gull said:
Rugby league was invented for Northerners who weren't bright enough to understand the far more complex rules of Union :p
Union - fifteen seconds of play (usually involving a mass brawl on the ground trying to find where the ball has gone) then somebody breaks some totally incomprehensible rule and they all have a little rest while someone kicks a penalty :yawn::yawn: :yawn: :nono: :nono: :nono:
...as for lineouts :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: why not just give them all a step ladder and be done with it.

I don't know why they bother with a ball at all.

Even American football is more entertaining than watching that stuff - and easier to understand. :salute:

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Gwylan said:
I was a member of London Welsh for many years and still keep an eye out for the results.

Not all of us are glory-hunters...

Who did you support when London Welsh were enjoying their glory days (many years ago now, I accept)?

For the record, Pontypool for me, although down this way I tend to watch London Welsh as it's a damn sight nearer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheshire Cat said:
Union - fifteen seconds of play (usually involving a mass brawl on the ground trying to find where the ball has gone) then somebody breaks some totally incomprehensible rule and they all have a little rest while someone kicks a penalty :yawn::yawn: :yawn: :nono: :nono: :nono:
...as for lineouts :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: why not just give them all a step ladder and be done with it.

Even American football is more entertaining than watching that stuff - and easier to understand. :salute:

Union needs the watcher to understand the rules to get maximum enjoyment, it's the same with most games....... except cricket where I can only get interested during the last hour when there's a run chase :lolol:

I can't get to grips with a game where you can get tackled 6 times and still keep the ball as long as you hang onto it as if you own it, so you can double your :salute: :salute:

Last edited:

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Cheshire Cat said:

A game where the only way you can get the ball is if the opposition drop it, kick it to you, kick it into touch or score. Hardly a rivetting experience. Played both at Uni, League is a great way of getting tackling practice in but I found it boring to play.

I would say that you may have had a slight argument twenty years ago however the onset of the professional game and the recent rule changes make Union by far the more exciting to watch and to play. League has had it's day, a pity but it reached it's zenith in the early nineties, and now it's all down hill.

One thing that I and many Union fans over 40 really enjoy, is listening to league chairman whinging that Union are poaching all their best talent - the f**king hypocrits, don't like it now the boots on the other foot do they.
League is arguably the reason Welsh Rugby when to rat shit in the eighties with the loss of Davies, Devereux(sp), Quinell, etc. So it has some good points ...

oh yes :salute:

Any Union side apart from LI, Newcastle and Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here