Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which rugby union club do you support (don't open if u hate rugby!!!)

Which Premiership rugby union club do you support?

• Leicester

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Bristol

• Gloucester

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Wasps

• Saracens

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Harlequins

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • London Irish

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Sale

• Bath

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Northampton

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Worcester

• Premiership is crap I support a club from a different league

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bristol in the Prem cos my sister lives down there and we usually go to a game when we go to visit. Also have family in Penzance so went to quite a few Penzance and Newlyn Pirates games. Now their a bit of a franchise called the Cornish Pirates and keep moving grounds around the county but they are pushing for promotion to the Premiership and are live on sky in March.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Ozymandias said:
A game where the only way you can get the ball is if the opposition drop it, kick it to you, kick it into touch or score. Hardly a rivetting experience. Played both at Uni, League is a great way of getting tackling practice in but I found it boring to play.

I would say that you may have had a slight argument twenty years ago however the onset of the professional game and the recent rule changes make Union by far the more exciting to watch and to play. League has had it's day, a pity but it reached it's zenith in the early nineties, and now it's all down hill.

One thing that I and many Union fans over 40 really enjoy, is listening to league chairman whinging that Union are poaching all their best talent - the f**king hypocrits, don't like it now the boots on the other foot do they.
League is arguably the reason Welsh Rugby when to rat shit in the eighties with the loss of Davies, Devereux(sp), Quinell, etc. So it has some good points ...

oh yes :salute:

Any Union side apart from LI, Newcastle and Leeds.

A very good post, I also played both codes until Crawley Jets ended and of the two I much prefered Union. I just found League a little boring although like you said it was great tackling practice and excellent for fittness and stamina. I played some of my best rugby after a summer season playing League

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ozymandias said:
A game where the only way you can get the ball is if the opposition drop it, kick it to you, kick it into touch or score. Hardly a rivetting experience. Played both at Uni, League is a great way of getting tackling practice in but I found it boring to play.

I would say that you may have had a slight argument twenty years ago however the onset of the professional game and the recent rule changes make Union by far the more exciting to watch and to play. League has had it's day, a pity but it reached it's zenith in the early nineties, and now it's all down hill.

One thing that I and many Union fans over 40 really enjoy, is listening to league chairman whinging that Union are poaching all their best talent - the f**king hypocrits, don't like it now the boots on the other foot do they.
League is arguably the reason Welsh Rugby when to rat shit in the eighties with the loss of Davies, Devereux(sp), Quinell, etc. So it has some good points ...
I agree with that. I used to prefer League but professionalism has made rugby union "quite lidderally" (in Smashie 'n' Nicey voice) a whole new ball game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent, it appears that the mighty Quins are narrowly the Albion fans preferred choice :clap:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Icy Gull said:
Excellent, it appears that the mighty Quins are narrowly the Albion fans preferred choice :clap:

We will also win the premiership next season Dean Richards is a top coach and with players such as Strettle,Abbott,Moyne,Gomarsall to name but a few and with some summer signings we'll be up there with the best :clap2:

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Barns Green - their coach should be the next England Coach for me. He's a legend.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Munster, mainly because the football is shit over here and my heart isn't into all the GAA stuff.

The downside is that I actually have to go into Limerick

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Grendel said:
Who did you support when London Welsh were enjoying their glory days (many years ago now, I accept)?

I used to go to watch Cardiff with my uncle so I suppose it was them.

As for whether I'd support London Welsh if they got into the Prem - the contingency is a remote one, so I haven't really thought of that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:
I used to go to watch Cardiff with my uncle so I suppose it was them.

As for whether I'd support London Welsh if they got into the Prem - the contingency is a remote one, so I haven't really thought of that.

You could always work on the basis of considering if you'd still support the Albion if they got into the Premiership. Both have about the same chance I'd guess.

Don't bother I know what your answer would be :)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I like to watch rugby - but I just can't work up any enthusiasm to actually follow anyone. It should be Quins - most local rugby fans follow them I suppose. But I can't quite get past them being the "toffs" club.

From my birthpace it would be Wasps - but as they play in Wycombe there is no bond there.

So none of the above for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here