Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which regional rival do you dislike the most?

Most disliked regional rival (after the Nigels)?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
(poll to follow)

After the Nigels, it has always been Portsmouth on here. And for me, it still is. They are toilet in their comedy crap ground - which is the least they deserve after cheating their way to a trophy. In fact, I hate them more than the Nigels. However, Southampton* clearly irritate a few on here, much as Reading did a decade ago. Is this a passing phase or will it last? And I've put Bournemouth down because although they seem noddy to us these days, we've played them loads in the recent past.

*Note for any passing Stains, we are NOT obsessed with you. It's just that some of us don't like you very much.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I f***ing hate Pompey.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
(poll to follow)

After the Nigels, it has always been Portsmouth on here. And for me, it still is. They are toilet in their comedy crap ground - which is the least they deserve after cheating their way to a trophy. In fact, I hate them more than the Nigels. However, Southampton* clearly irritate a few on here, much as Reading did a decade ago. Is this a passing phase or will it last? And I've put Bournemouth down because although they seem noddy to us these days, we've played them loads in the recent past.

*Note for any passing Stains, we are NOT obsessed with you. It's just that some of us don't like you very much.
I reckon you've got a bit of a soft spot for Southampton ! Family connections etc

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon you've got a bit of a soft spot for Southampton ! Family connections etc
I have a hard job disliking them for that reason, so obviously f***ing love it when we beat them.

When they beat us at St Mary's, Ben put a pic on his facebook wall which did make me laugh. It was that Harry Enfield football sketch but with the words changed:
"Hooray. That's our 20th home win in a row."
"But spare a thought for those pluckly losers!"
"Bad luck Brighton"

As I say, I laughed in a way I couldn't do if the Nigels beat us, or indeed Portsmouth. Anyway, oddly enough Ben hasn't been anything like as gobby on facebook since Monday. I wonder why?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Portsmouth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Southampton >>>>>>>> Reading >>> Bournemouth

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Scummers without question.

Pompey are a joke, Southampton think they are the next Barcelona

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Portsmouth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Southampton >>>>>>>> Reading >>> Bournemouth
I can't quite decide where to put Reading. They are still a bit noddy but gain grudging respect for turning into a proper football club in terms of gate size. That said, you can still hear a pin drop among their crap home support now that clackersticks are out of fashion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A good question.

I dont like Pompey but thats more for what the various owners have done over the years as opposed to being a rival.

Southampton were not on the radar EVER but thats because we were shit and they were in the Prem. Tho I was too young to remember the stitch up between themselves and Spurs. However Meridian/TVS/Southern always focused on them and I spose rightly so as they were the top flight club at the time.

Bournemouth - who?

Reading - well apart from the brief spat in the early 00's again not really on the radar.

So in essence I agree with HKFC

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Despite Palace actually being closer than all of those...
I went for Southampton, bastards.

The only thing I've got against Pompey is their financial antics, I'm fine with them apart from that. My first ever football game was at Fratton Park in '03.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Southampton - take away the whiney she-bitch of a manager, the delusions of grandeur and two irritating ex-Albion players, and they are a regular club.

Portsmouth - perennial financial CHEATS, with a horrible ground, in a horrible town, full of horrible tatooed women sporting football shirts and facial hair.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Despite Palace actually being closer than all of those...
I went for Southampton, bastards.

The only thing I've got against Pompey is their financial antics, I'm fine with them apart from that. My first ever football game was at Fratton Park in '03.

Sim said AFTER the Nigels ...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I cant believe Soton are getting MORE votes than Soton. If anything Pompey is that *little bit* closer to us and thats despite all the CHEATING over the years.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here