Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which position should Wendy be aiming to fill next?

Which position on the park needs addressing next?

• Keeper

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Centre Back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full Back

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Centre Midfield

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Wide Midfield

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Striker

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You honestly think Cullip was a talented footballer then? All I remember is a forceful and effective league 1 and 2 player, who played a decent role in our championships and should be remembered as such. But in the championship, I think he looked off the pace. My point was not that he was totally useless, clearly he wasn't, he was just NOWHERE even close to how good most albion fans would have claimed when he played for us. For leadership, I think we are crying out for someone like him right now, but for talent at least two of the current defenders piss all over him, and numerous others over the last few years.

You could have the two 'classiest' defenders on the planet, and still get dicked if you weren't up for the fight. You talk about 'talented' as though tackling and winning headers are not important 'talents'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You could have the two 'classiest' defenders on the planet, and still get dicked if you weren't up for the fight. You talk about 'talented' as though tackling and winning headers are not important 'talents'.

Case in point. Who would you prefer? The old Arsenal back four (Dixon, Adams, Keown or Bould, Winterburn) or the current 'classy' England back four?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Case in point. Who would you prefer? The old Arsenal back four (Dixon, Adams, Keown or Bould, Winterburn) or the current 'classy' England back four?
The current England back four, obviously.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I haven't voted because it's not clear cut.

On the keeper front I tend to agree with those who say that we have a good No1 (Kuipers); Sullivan needs to be given a chance and therefore should be back-up (if he's not up to it we should have got rid); and if we need further back-up because of injury then get a loan keeper which is a much better decision than spending limited transfer funds.

Left back I think we're OK with Rents and Kerry as back-up. If we need strengthening in that position then let's wait until later.

Defensive midfield. It would be good if Bertin signed, but to be honest I think his game deteriorated somewhat as the season progressed. I believe ElAbd can do well in that position ... he certainly did before Bertin joined.

Central midfield?? Well, another creative midfielder wouldn't go amiss Darren Currie please!). Or someone in the Nicky Ward mould, but who passed to blue and white shirts on a more regular basis than he did. I liked Ward. He had real potential, but was a bit too lightweight and gave the ball away too often.

On the striker front I hope we're sorted!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
But then you've got a keeper who doesn't know the defence well.

true but you learn quickly, Flinders didn't do terribly being drafted in near the end did he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here