Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which position should Wendy be aiming to fill next?

Which position on the park needs addressing next?

• Keeper

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Centre Back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full Back

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Centre Midfield

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Wide Midfield

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Striker

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After picking up Whing and Forster, which position do you think needs sorting next?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
The managers position. Seriously though a creative midfielder wouldn't go a miss.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah, 'cos he's made some shicking decisions since being able to pick his own squad. :thud:

Sadly he has (Mayo at right back for starters). He can bring players to the club though.

Anyway, I think a keeper as Kuipers wont stay fit for the season and if we are serious about going for the play-offs we dont want to be chucking in Sully at the deep end.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Would have thought a new keeper would be a priority, as at least a back-up, but probably in reality more as a replacement for Kuipers.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
NOt overly sure - depends if we can get Bertin to sign. It seems that we have not been rebutted yet, so that is a positive sign.

Maybe a keeper, but quite happy with Kuipers. An emergency loan could work if he does get injured. One keeper that I wouldn't mind seeing here is Jimmy Walker, who is rotting away in the West Ham reserves. A fine keeper, even if he is a bit short.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've voted CM. I mean Bertin, but if not him, then a replacement.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Would have thought a new keeper would be a priority, as at least a back-up, but probably in reality more as a replacement for Kuipers.

Keepers aren't too difficult to pick up on loan to be honest, if needed.
We desperately need some (more) creativity on the park.

Its no use signing Forster (who will score) if we can't get the right ball to him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Voted centre mid (Bertin), but a good winger would be great too (Currie)...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the missionary, however seemly the wheelbarrow is nover used properly.......

Oh Sorry, I see what you mean.....

erm......left wing and centre midfield and definately goalkeepre

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Even if Bertin signs, we are still missing someone creative in the middle of the park.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Even if Bertin signs, we are still missing someone creative in the middle of the park.

I agree, although Bertin is certainly not a creative midfielder, more a stopper just in front of the back four - a position that adam el bad would like to fill but is not in the frame when Bertin is playing

I would like to see someone like Matty Holland, or that sort of player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree, although Bertin is certainly not a creative midfielder, more a stopper just in front of the back four - a position that adam el bad would like to fill but is not in the frame when Bertin is playing

I would like to see someone like Matty Holland, or that sort of player.

We already have him, he is called Dean Hammond.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We already have him, he is called Dean Hammond.

But as someone else said,1. he is injury prone and 2. he does tend to get suspended a lot, therefore cover is definately required.

that was all..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But as someone else said,1. he is injury prone and 2. he does tend to get suspended a lot, therefore cover is definately required.

that was all..

He is certainly not 'injury prone', though like any CM he's going to miss 3 or 4 games a season through suspension.

Reid can move central to cover that, easily. Money should be spent elsewhere; Bertin / Left Back / Keeper in that order of priority.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He is certainly not 'injury prone', though like any CM he's going to miss 3 or 4 games a season through suspension.

Reid can move central to cover that, easily. Money should be spent elsewhere; Bertin / Left Back / Keeper in that order of priority.

Dont think we need a left back, im quite happy with Rents to be honest. I agree that Hammond isn't injury prone either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here