Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Players Do You Think Will Shine This Season??

Ones to Watch

• Michel Kuipers (G)

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • John Sullivan (G)

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Adam El-Abd (D)

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Tommy Elphick (D)

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Colin Hawkins (D)

Votes: 27 28.1%
  • Joel Lynch (D)

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Andrew Pearson (D)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Andrew Whing (D)

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Adam Virgo (D)

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Scott Chamberlain (M)

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Dean Cox (M)

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Wes Fogden (M)

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • Tommy Fraser (M)

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Kevin McLeod (M)

Votes: 70 72.9%
  • Doug Loft (M)

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Dan Royce (M)

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Steven Thomson (M)

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Kane Wills (M)

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • David Livermore (M)

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • Jonny Dixon (F)

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • NickyForster (F)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • Sam Gargan (F)

• Joe Gatting(F)

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Glenn Murray (F)

Votes: 69 71.9%
  • Jake Robinson (F)

• Kane Louis (F)

• We need more players

Votes: 20 20.8%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fraser, Livermore, Thomson and El-Abd are all in front of Chamberlain at the moment IMO. Would be surprised if we dont sign another midfield before the start of the season.

Dont see this season being Chamberlain chance to shine, from what I saw at Worthing he didn't seem ready for league football. Maybe next year.

Strange. Everyone else I spoke to seemed to think he was the most impressive player on the Albion side...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Livermore and Thomson are both DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD players. I think they would probably argue that makes them better in that position than El Abd who was used there largely as a last resort.

As I have said Thomson has been encouraged to get forward more during the friendlies, or so it appears, and he has looked very comfortable there albeit only against Non League sides.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gave the ball away more times than not against Worthing from where I was sitting...

Whether Thomson is playing the holding position or not at the moment to say El Abd is the best defensive midfielder at the club above Thomson and Livermore and even Fraser is nonsense of the highest order.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Strange. Everyone else I spoke to seemed to think he was the most impressive player on the Albion side...

I clearly wasn't paying enough attention in the second half. That said our second half side was fairly poor and wouldn't have been difficult to look great in that side. Ah well, regardless I still think the players I mentioned are ahead of him

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree they probably are. Saying I expect Chamberlain to shine isn't the same as saying I expect him to play 20 games next season...just catch the eye on the occasions he does.

I don't think anybody expected Cox to play so many games in his first full season - or even be near the first team for that matter.

I guess it is all about who takes their chance when given the shirt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Football is about opinions and I believe that playing El Abd just in front of the back four gives us more defensive solidarity. It may well be that MA has bought Livermore to do that job but as I havent seen him play yet this season I cannot comment too much on him only on his reputation. Nobby Horton speaks volumes of him and I respect Nobby's views.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I agree they probably are. Saying I expect Chamberlain to shine isn't the same as saying I expect him to play 20 games next season...just catch the eye on the occasions he does.

I don't think anybody expected Cox to play so many games in his first full season - or even be near the first team for that matter.

I guess it is all about who takes their chance when given the shirt.

This is true, though Cox did come in when we had an exceptionally poor side. This side should be chasing at least a play-off spot so will be more difficult to get in and stay in.

Hope he does impress, always good to have another youth teamer to make the step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here